Has anyone played the Flatout Series?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Darius, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Darius

Darius Member

Flatout Carnage was the best one in the series for me. I plan on buying it on my Xbox 360 when I have the time, it's the perfect combo of destruction derby and racing. I also like the mini games they included. What about you guys?

Also, I heard Flatout 3 was a disaster. Is this true? I myself have never played it so I wouldn't know.

2. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

Well I haven't played any flatout games at all, so I just did a quick look - up on the internet.

It's pretty clear that everyone detests flatout 3 indeed, some critics even gave it a one out of ten score (according to wikipedia) so I'm pretty sure it wasn't that much of a succes :p

For the other games in the series, it looks like a great game so you should definitely buy it for your Xbox.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

I was never a huge fan of the series, although even I know the first two games were far better than that third one, considering how much Flatout 3 got burned by critics.

4. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I was never really interested with this series of games and I was never really compelled to go and get them. I have seen a buddy of mine playing the game and it never grabbed my interest so I never went out and bought any of the games from the series.

5. Darius

Darius Member

Thanks for the help! I'm gonna go out and buy it later this year I hope. It's relatively old so it should be rather inexpensive to get on Xbox. If not I'll get it on PC.

6. selfishshellfish

selfishshellfish New Member

I played the original Flatout on PC growing up and bought it for my ps2 a few weeks ago for the sake of memories. Such a goofy game, the minigames like the long jump and the high jump were always my favorites. I liked it better on console but that's just me

7. Corten

Corten Member

I have, and I have to tell, it's so much fun. I spent some much time playing this game when I was smaller. This and the NFS series were pretty important games of my late childhood.

8. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

I have flatout on steam, surprisingly a lot of people don't seem to like the game, I never understood why though. I found it enjoyable for what it was.