F1 2015 Joins Project Cars, Will Have 1080P Resolution On Sony PS4

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Alex Bean, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Guest

[​IMG]

The official Formula One 2015 racing video game will be available on both major console systems – Sony’s PlayStation 4 and Microsoft’s Xbox One – but the native resolution will be better for the PS4, which will have a 1080p resolution to the 900p resolution of the Xbox One. Both versions will run at 60 frames per second. “F1 2015” joins another upcoming racing game – “Project Cars” – which will also have a 1080p resolution on the PS4 to the 900p on Xbox One.

“Project Cars” is slated for a May 2015 release while “F1 2015” is currently scheduled to launch on June 12, 2015.
    [​IMG]

The post F1 2015 Joins Project Cars, Will Have 1080P Resolution On Sony PS4 appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

It's not a huge difference between 1080p and 900p, but it's still embarrassing that the Xbox One can't match its biggest competitor.

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

The comparison in resolution is going to be minute to the human eye. Unless you are biased and really anal, then that might be an issue. If you are analytical, the numbers will bother you. But Xbox should of taken that into consideration. Some people will look at that alone as the reason to chose sony over microsoft.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

It's not a bad reason to choose Sony, and the PlayStation 4 is a powerful device. The difference between 720p and 1080p is very noticeable. At a distant, 900p and 1080p will make a far more noticeable difference than you'd think.

5. Corten

Corten Member

Great, on par with most PC, that's definitely going to boost the sales. Too bad some people only care about numbers and graphics.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

It's nice that it will be 1080p. But I have to be honest here I have yet to ever play a game and say to myself "wow look at that resolution".

I'm a Playstation fan and even I'm saying big deal about resolution.

What I care about is if these games are actually any good. F1 games are hit/miss most of the time. Project Cars however has much to proven considering how much hype the developers put on it.

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

I thought the Xbone has 1080p resolution too? Hm, learn something new everyday. Still, games still look incredible on it.

Yeah I too am hoping that PC lives up to all the hype that's behind it, I really do.

8. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

Well, if Project Cars doesn't live up to the hype at least in terms of sales, we can see yet one more developer go out of business. For as long as this game was in development, that's good amount of money that needs to be recouped.

And the problem isn't even the media that hyped it alone. The developers themselves were constantly adding to the fire on this one.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

So it really is an all or nothing with this game. I can imagine there's gonna be some stressful people at Slightly Mad studios in the weeks and months after release.

Did Slightly Mad studios used to be called something else? I seem to recall they had a name change or it was two companies merged together, or am I just completely wrong?

10. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

From a commercial standpoint, yes I would say it sort of is "all or nothing". But they have nobody but themselves to blame for that being the case. That's what happens when you constantly advertise the game as "the best car game ever to be made". And then for years keep feeding the media bullshots and videos.

As for being a studio under a different name, I can't really say for sure.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

With statements like "the best car game ever to be made" then they really do need to deliver something special here. From the screenshot and videos I've seen it does look really nice, but then looks can be deceiving, especially in the gaming industry. I, as well as many others I can imagine, hope that the game can live up to the hype and won't just be a sub-par racing game.

The studio name thing I'm trying to remember where I heard or read it from. I think it had something to do with Codemasters.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm not a graphics nut but I have to admit since they are both pretty much equal I'd still go for the one that will give me better resolution since they are the same price anyway. I won't deny that the difference is noticeable too and even if I don't care that much about it I'll probably still enjoy clearer pictures.

13. BluBird

BluBird Member

I've been putting off buying Codemasters games, but now finally the arrival of another hopefully worthy racer. I hope there are 4K textures for the PC version.