Everyone Wants to Be Link in Mario Kart 8 Online

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Shawn Hopkins, Nov 14, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

So yeah, Link doesn’t have to worry about his popularity fading. Now that the new Mario Kart 8 DLC is available to play, online games are awash in a sea of green. Link is becoming the Little Mac of Mario Kart.

And you want him, too. So snag the pack from the Ninendo eShop and let the Legend of Zelda theme swell in your head as you head to the character select screen.

There will be two Mario Kart 8 DLC packs. The first, out today, adds Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach and Link; four vehicles including an amazing Master Cycle motorcycle for Link, the B Dasher, Blue Falcon and Tanooki Kart; and eight tracks. The second, coming in May 2015, adds Villager, Isabelle and Dry Bowser, four additional vehicles and eight more tracks. The packs also add new tracks, carts, and some new color schemes for Yoshi and Shyguy that can be obtained before the DLC launches through pre-ordering. The DLC is $7.99 per pack or $11.99 for both.

The post Everyone Wants to Be Link in Mario Kart 8 Online appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Of course everyone wants him, he has a motorcycle AND a sword ;). Seriously though, I am pretty excited to play him, looks awesome.

3. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I am going to get my hands on this game again as soon as I find some time. I am busy playing soem other games from my backlog right now. Is it any good though?

4. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

You can never have too many Links

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

Like I said elsewhere, you can't go wrong with the Master Sword.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I saw a screen cap of one of the games just recently and they really were all Links in various vehicles. I thought that was pretty cool to see even for someone like me who wasn't really a fan of Zelda games.

7. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Member

He looks like such a badass in Mario Kart, and a big departure from the cutesy nature of the game. I'm happy they're finally stretching into their other franchises, maybe someday they could get into Pikmin and Pokemon :p

8. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

I'm excited to see future DLC packs for the Mario Kart series.

9. BluBird

BluBird Member

[​IMG]

10. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Member

Stuff like this happens in every game when a popular character is introduced. Everyone running around as price or ghost in Call of Duty, Gold weapons in uncharted and red dead, etc.. Every game has these moments its annoying and a major pain to see especially in games where you have to rush to pick a character before it get stolen right from under you.

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Well, he is a very popular and well-loved Nintendo character, so of course that when he is stuffed into another popular and well-loved Nintendo thing, something really popular and well-loved comes out. I expect this Link-mania to die pretty quickly, though, as the Legend of Zelda fans have to get bored of him at one point or another. I have to admit, the fact that they gave him a sword is badass.

12. Sterling Walker

Sterling Walker Member

That's because people are tiered of playing as Mario, Luigi and the other characters of the Mushroom Kingdom. Link is new and exciting because this is his first appearance in Mario Kart. This is a great addition to the game, next they should add princess Zelda to go along with Link. Or they can add characters from Kid Icarus like Pit or Lady Palutena.

13. BRyze

BRyze Member

Link is cool but I think I'll stick with Donkey Kong. Is it bad I've never finished a Legend of Zelda game?

14. mightymap2

mightymap2 New Member

I always liked to play toad on the n64 version of mariokart. Not sure who was faster in the following versions of the game. One of the greatest series of all time.

15. Kuzan

Kuzan New Member

I'm not surprised everyone is on the Link train, and is well deserved the attention he is getting. I'm guilty as charged for the usage just as about everyone else, but who can say no to the hype train? That said, just watch it wear off after a while. Most will go back to their previous character eventually, myself included but Link for me will be my mandatory secondary.

There's no doubt about that.

16. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

I wouldn't say that "everyone" wants to be Link. That wouldn't be a factually accurate statement. But I think it's fair to say that a lot of people do indeed want to be Link. He's one of the cooler looking characters in the game. The Legend of Zelda is a Nintendo classic. So it doesn't really surprise me that his character is so popular. I would have to think Mario and Luigi are quite popular as well. But I do give the edge to Link in terms of looks. He's a bad ass character.