Best Controller

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by dannyboy, Feb 15, 2014.

1. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

Out if the major gaming consoles of Playstation, Nintendo and Xbox, which system has the best and most manageable controller?

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Playstation 2's controller is in my opinion. The best controller ever made in the history of gaming. It's the most comfortable and the D-PAD cannot and never will be beat.

3. Esperahol

Esperahol Member

I like the 360's controller the best thus far followed by the PS controller, and finally the Wii Remote. Yes - I said the Wii remote. It just really fits well into a person's hand.

4. orz

orz Member

For the previous generation definitely the Xbox 360 controller, that said I am a big fan of the changes Sony has made and love the PS4s controller. Although I haven't tried the Xbox One's controller yet.

5. Chia555

Chia555 New Member

I love the Xbox One controller this time around, especially for racing games. I love how you can feel the triggers rumble when you hit the gas or step on the brake. It really helps you get a feel for the car. The joysticks are also much more fine tuned and there is no dead space.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

My favorite one is still Sega controllers. I much prefer front facing buttons over the current trend of putting half up above as bumpers and triggers. I mostly prefer it for fighting games, but honestly I'd rather it become the standard again since I never really had much trouble with it in the first place and never understood why the trend suddenly became to copy the Dualshock format.

7. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

My favourite is PS3 controller. I like the fact that it is lightweight and agile. Much prefer it over the XBOX 360.

8. Clanky

Clanky Member

PS3 controller in my opinion. The PS2 controller was really great, but the PS3 controller put the cherry on the top. It's really comfortable and it lays good in your hands. Also you can reach every control very easily.

9. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJones New Member

360, no question about it. I am a bit biased though because I have bigger hands and the PS3 controller is simply too small. I also don't like the L2 and R2 buttons, they're really weird and my fingers keep slipping off. The size of the 360 controller is perfect for me and all the buttons are perfectly spaced out amongst each other.

10. froggy666

froggy666 Member

For me it all depends on what type of game I want to play. Racing games I want to use a steering wheel. FPS require a mouse and keyboard. Most other games I can do with a PS3/Xbox controller.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I like mouse and keyboard for FPS games a lot more too. Using the PS3 controllers is fine, but I feel uncomfortable using it to aim.

12. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

The PS4 controller is far superior compared to the XBone controller. It just feels better, has the weight better distributed and is overall a great controller.

13. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Of course 360 will win. I just love playing my games on Xbox when using this controller. It is really awesome that would not compare it to others.

14. froggy666

froggy666 Member

I feel like the thumb sticks only work in games like GTA V with the auto lock on. The rest are just painful.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. The thumb movement is just too sensitive for aiming and I feel as though auto lock just kind of defeats the purpose. It's still fun, but a lot of the fun comes from having to aim.

16. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Member

In my personal opinion, the PlayStation 4 has the best controller as of yet. The PlayStation control seems to fit perfectly in my hand and does not get uncomfortable after a while like most controllers do.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

@FosterTXT - I, unfortunately, have yet to be able to hold one, but from the pictures I've seen, it does seem like quite an improvement over the last models. That, and the fact that I rarely read about complaints of how it feels after a few hours of gaming which I'm sure would be very publicized if it were the case.

18. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I think XBox 360's controller is slightly better. I don't have much experience in console gaming. But I have used this controller on PC for playing some games. It was easy to play racing games with this controller.

19. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Member

My first console was the PS1, so I used the DS1 and it felt okay for me. Next console was the PS2 and the DS2 felt like an even better upgrade from the DS1, then I had a brief stint with the Xbox360 and the controller felt way too different as the buttons and joystick placing was different, and it felt too heavy and big that is why playing with it for a long time felt tiresome. Then I went back to own a Ps3 and the DS3 felt great, PS4 and the Ds4 was even better because of its functions.

So I guess I am more of a Dualshock fan because of its sheer simplicity and durability.

20. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I think that the video gaming console that has the best video game controller has to be the Xbox 360's controller. I swear that the control for the Xbox 360 is the most comfortable control that I have ever had the pleasure to use while I am playing video games.