“Most Realistic Car Game Ever” Coming To Steam

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Peter Paltridge, Apr 17, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

Are you ready for the most realistic car game EVER? Kotaku has broken the story on “My Summer Car,” a video game coming to PCs soon.

“My Summer Car” is not about gleaming sports cars racing through exotic locales, or firing lasers from your Ferrari at spies, or anything of the sort. Instead it’s so realistic that you play first-person as a hick in the middle of nowhere tinkering on an abandoned beat-up car as a summer project.

Programmed by one person, Johannes Rojola, the game takes place in the back roads of Finland (where, I’m assuming, this guy is from). Rojola describes the full planned features of the game on his 90’s-tastic tacky website, in as broken an English dialect as he can muster.

“This game is all about realism. Not about fantasy of driving games… driving a car and fixing a car. This is not fantasy game, this is realism game. And what games like Gran Turismo and Forza and Assetto Corsa and Project Cars and stuff like this, they are fantasy games…This game is not like those games. This game is about realism.”

My Summer Car is so realistic that if you die once, that’s the end of the game, no matter how much progress you’ve made. And your death depends on how well you built the car, which with the limited tools you’re working with, will be very hard. Especially since the hick is constantly drinking, and he will be doing it when you’re driving the car. See below for Rojola’s full list of features.

[​IMG]

Note that “physics bugs” is listed as a feature and so is “graphics of some sort.”

“My Summer Car” will be out in Steam Early Access soon, but under something Rojola calls a “random pricing model” where the price will constantly fluctuate between one and twenty dollars every time the game is updated. Big AAA car games, you’ve been warned: competition is coming.

The post “Most Realistic Car Game Ever” Coming To Steam appeared first on Racing Game Central.

Continue reading...

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

In order to make waves you need to do something different then everyone else. Why wouldn't a game like this work? It will give gamers a realistic view and gaming experience. Not everyone will be driving exotic cars in the most sought after tracks. But I'm sure people can relate to rebuilding your dads old beater in the garage. Time to bring that 70s car back to life.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

This is the worst thing I've ever heard about in my life, and I think it's obviously a joke from a random programmer, or at least one who's delusional.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand the mechanics of only being able to die once unless that's actually literally what it means and the game is rendered useless once you die. I think it's interesting and if he makes it odd enough he will probably gain a good amount of attention for it. I can't wait to see this game.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

I kind of hope the death means that you can't play the game again without buying it another time because that would be the ultimate troll move.

6. Druqz

Druqz New Member

Haha, reading this reminds me so much of Carmageddon. It really looks like a "troll" idea, but I would love to see it in action.
    By the way, that's probably the first time somebody has mentioned permadeath in a racing game.

7. troutski

troutski Active Member

Wait, but Carmageddon was actually a decent game!

8. Corten

Corten Member

I... I'm sorry what? I don't think this is going to stick. It's just weird idea overall. Good luck to him, but this is very niche.

9. troutski

troutski Active Member

I bet this guy is somehow going to make money off this project. I don't know how, but it's going to happen.

10. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Tell me how this isn't some half-assed Early Access garbage. The pictures are done in freaking MS paint. Stay the hell away from this game.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I think they are depending on the novelty and absurdity to make sales, probably similar to how popular the simulator games have gotten over the years.

12. troutski

troutski Active Member

Goat simulator, anyone?