Zombies coming to next-gen GTA V?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by troutski, Aug 6, 2014.

1. troutski

troutski Active Member

2. srofltank

srofltank New Member

It would be a really cool sight to see zombies being introduced to a game like this. I remember installing and playing a zombie mod on GTA IV, and it was a ton of fun and craziness. A DLC like this would be quite exciting. I'm not sure if a PvP sort of zombie mode would work out, however.

3. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I think that it is a very interesting idea. It would be cool to have zombies in the new GTA,
    but personally I would prefer UFOs. More mysterious.

4. SLAMDAT

SLAMDAT New Member

I'm sure that Rockstar can make a zombie DLC fun, but the whole "aliens" invading was already done in that small little side-mission where you get high as one of the characters.

5. TyronePeterson

TyronePeterson New Member

In all honestly, Rockstar should just stick to what they do best, and just stick with the usual crime genre of it. Adding zombie DLC doesn't seem as good because there are many games out there like DayZ which fit the zombie simulation fans demand and besides, GTA can be modded heavily and modders can create a zombie mod if people show interests in it. I'd rather see more single-player DLC for the next GTA such as with GTA 4, or if Rockstar is feeling nice, no DLC, but all the possible DLC content in the original game alone.

6. sidney

sidney Member

I think it would be a cool add-on to the already released game, but Rockstar is already known for making "realistic" games such as GTA, so adding a fictional element to it would muddle GTA's image, in my opinion, so I think they should not do that in future GTA versions.

7. davidj96

davidj96 New Member

I think zombies would be an awesome add on to GTA, but now it kind of seems like Rock star is copying Saints Row the third. If they really do decide to add zombies into the game, I just hope the game is still associated around a crime aspect. They should just have a zombie mode for when you're in the mood to gun down the undead.

8. srofltank

srofltank New Member

If zombies WERE to be added to GTA, I hope they aren't overpowered. A simple bite can be fatal depending on the "virus", but someone getting clawed shouldn't be a one or two hit kill. Along with that, I hope that zombies don't have a lot of health points. I'd prefer a huge amount of zombies rather than zombies that taking 4-6 shots to kill (unless you shoot them at the lower chest to knee point).

9. ItsZiggy

ItsZiggy New Member

I was talking about a zombie DLC for GTA V before the game even came out and I still want to see it. Some sort of zombie world with the same open world system like the original story and online, I don't want it to be just a snippet like one mission as we've seen before, which wasn't all that entertaining and almost disappointing. Rockstar, if you're reading this, add a zombie mode. Please.

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Sounds pretty awesome but I just hope it's well implemented..

11. troutski

troutski Active Member

To be fair, every game is copying Call of Duty or Left 4 Dead. Zombies are so common in games today, even if the games have nothing to do with zombies outside of that mode. I have no idea what they'll do or even if such rumors are true, but I'm sure Rockstar will succeed with this DLC, despite it seeming to not fit with the heart of GTA.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

It could be a fun DLC, but I believe that the Saint's Row series already did that. Still, I think Rockstar could do it better. I'm guessing that it'd somewhat be like Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, but in modern day.

13. Askani

Askani Member

I would love this. A zombie mode would rock. I would love tooling around the city and taking out zombies left and right. Maybe find a few upstanding citizens and feed them to the zombies. I can see so many possibilities.

14. kitchencatlover

kitchencatlover New Member

I would enjoy this totally. I love zombies and especially zombie games. I think it would be great having an open world like Los Santos to explore and find zombies. Almost like Crackdown 2. I would definitely approve!

15. srofltank

srofltank New Member

No they're not. Having a similar idea of a game does not make it copying. Left 4 Dead is based on fast-paced zombies, but DayZ doesn't. As far as I know, DayZ didn't copy Left 4 Dead just because it's associated with zombies. I have no idea how "every game" is copying Call of Duty.

16. daimashin

daimashin New Member

It's not surprising since zombies are in everything these days. Red Dead Redemption had the zombie DLC and it turned out great. I'm certainly interested to see zombies in a GTA game. It's Rockstar, I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

17. SlickBlasianYT

SlickBlasianYT New Member

I'd like it, make it kind of like Day-z . But with a Rockstar twist on it haha!

18. troutski

troutski Active Member

You mean you'd want it to be a half-finished game with tons of glitches that was released in its alpha phase? ;] Rockstar will probably do something unique or at least clever with it, assuming a Zombies DLC does come out. I doubt it'll be a boring zombies game or a generic one.

19. daimashin

daimashin New Member

I wouldn't worry about anything Rockstar puts out. So far they haven't disappointed me yet. The Undead Nightmare DLC on RDR was awesome, great fun to play. Having zombies in such a huge map is going to be a ton of fun, especially if there is co-op.

20. RadialPerson

RadialPerson Member

I can definitely see this being a great new feature to the game if they implement well. As another poster mentioned, in order for this to be fun there has to be co-op included or else it'll get boring pretty quick. Considering the game is coming out for next gen consoles and PC they should also be able to put lots of zombies on screen at one time improving the experience even more.