Your favorite racing game so far

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by amig0enemig0, Dec 11, 2014.

1. amig0enemig0

amig0enemig0 New Member

Hey guys i was just wondering what's your favorite racing game so far. My favorite game so far has to be forza horizon 2 because it reminds me a lot of test drive unlimited. If i would have to choose my favorite racing game of all time it would have to be Test drive unlimited tho because it was the first time i saw a real "mmo" racing game.

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

The very first Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

3. BJL717

BJL717 New Member

So far, Forza 5 is my favorite. It is probably the best racing game I've played to date! The graphics are so life like. All of the tracks are based on real tracks that exist around the world. I am very pleased with this game.

4. primaLucid

primaLucid New Member

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is my favorite game. I loved the concept of playing from a cop and robber's perspective. The road spikes, oil slicks, and everything made the experience very realistic and I enjoyed locking stylish cars.

5. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

Forza Horizon 2 blew me away when I played the demo. I still love the classics, but the new generation of driving is on a new level. Need for speed will always be in the top spots, but I like the newer racing games better.

6. jcc

jcc New Member

Agreed, I liked Grand Turismo, but the new quality and ideas brought by Forza Horizon 2 are simply really good. I will always like GT but the graphics are so...realistic!

7. troutski

troutski Active Member

Actually, I did love the original and second Forza Horizon games, too. I might choose those ones instead.

8. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

The original Hot Pursuit is probably the hands down favorite racing game of all time, but if we're talking more modern I would have to go with GRID.

9. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

My favorite racing game as weird as it may sound is Mario Karts. It is the only racing game that I have been able to have a lot of fun playing. Another game that I really liked a lot is burnout. Burnout was really cool to play too.

10. Corten

Corten Member

This, a million times. I remember when I play that game with friend on split-screen. Holy moly, we had a ton of fun. What I'd give to go back and relieve those days.

11. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

There are al ot of people who hate the racing genre but love Mario Kart, so that isn't weird at all to me. It was a great game, still is.

12. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

My favorite racing games was rally car racing for the original XBOX. Sure the graphics is not like what they have now, but the physics and the tracks was off the charts. They had snow, dessert, mud, and tarmac tracks to drive on and you could even challenge the makers of the game in ghost vehicles. It was great.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Mine is Burnout and Need For Speed since both of those added a lot more features to racing making it a lot more exciting. I was already tired of just competing for first place but after playing these games I started to love racing games again.

14. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

I wasn't ever that fussed on the Forza series or the Test Drive series, although Test Drive 6 on PC was good. The game I enjoyed the most in the Need For Speed series was Most Wanted. Shift wasn't bad either but a lot of people didn't like it. I'm more into mobile gaming now so I would probably say Asphalt 8 if I had actually got to play it. Unfortunately, it's incompatible with my device.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Asphalt deserves a lot of recognition in my opinion, even if it's just on mobile. I think the game is great as well as the controls and they even have a good scheme for paywalls in place that doesn't take away from the enjoyment if you end up not wanting to pay up.

16. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I'd go with Burnout since it's one of the most fun and unique racing games out there. I'd happily buy the next sequel if it ever comes!

17. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

My all-time favorite racing game has to be the 2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted. My friends and I played that game SO much back in the day, and we had so much fun with it, that it's unforgettable. Also, I will always think about its fantastic soundtrack when I will think about it.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

If that's the one where you needed to drive through police barricades then I agree. I've already forgotten most of it by now but I remember having so much fun on it. I'd love to get to play it again today if only I still had my ps2 I'm sure it still holds up well.

19. troutski

troutski Active Member

Wrecked Revenge Revisited was also an incredible racing game with a little extra destruction thrown in. I'd consider that one of my favorites, too.

20. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I really enjoy the Need for Speed series. I think I'd have to say that Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is my favorite. Maybe it's because I haven't played all the Need for Speeds yet, but this is definitely one that I really enjoyed.