Your favorite racing game developer?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by zambothegreat, Oct 10, 2013.

1. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I'll always be a Polyphony Digital guy because of Grand Turismo. I think it's pound for pound the best racing games series ever. Nobody has been able to match the real driving physics of Grand Turismo.

2. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

EA has been a great developer overall. The Need For Speed games are definitely one of the better arcade style racing games. An interesting thing about Need For Speed is that they have had several developers over the years. Criterion, EA, Ghost, Firemonkey, and several other studios have contributed to Need For Speed.

3. spence88

spence88 Member

Now, I thought I've replied to this thread already, but upon scanning the posts, I can't seem to find mine. Strange.

Same here, Gran Turismo got me hooked to racing. And it's my favorite ever since. So yeah Polyphony Digital for me. AND! Criterion games for Need For Speed! NFS: MW is also one of my most favorite: the police car chase, story and cinematics are just top notch!

4. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

Did not you know that union means strenght? need for speed games are definitely one of the best, I really liked NFS Most Wanted and also NFS Underground, those were the best versions for me, I still play NFS Most wanted when I am bored though.

5. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

It's awesome that a game as epic as NFS has been able to survive with multiple studios working on it. Usually there is a lot of ego involved when multiple studios are involved in a project. I'm glad they were able to collaborate on it.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I did not know this. Perhaps it's why they all feel a bit different but I've never been able to put my finger on why they were so. I'm going to have to look up my favorite versions and see which ones were made by which developers.

7. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Rockstar is my second favourite after criterion games. I loved their games.