Your favorite racing game developer?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by zambothegreat, Oct 10, 2013.

1. zambothegreat

zambothegreat Member

What's your favorite racing game developer? Mine's Criterion. The Burnout series has always been great, and 3 set a new precedent for destruction in racing games.

2. barneyjustice

barneyjustice New Member

Valve and Rockstar,it's a tie.
    And also Bethesda.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. Burnout is and forever will remain my favorite racing game of all time and even from the early versions I could already tell that there was a lot of talent and effort behind it and I knew then that it would be my favorite which was only cemented even further once I got to play the later versions.

4. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

As for who gets the crown of "best racing game developer" it's all boils down to tastes and preferences. Some of the best racing games I've ever played were made by Electronic Arts. While yes they haven't been doing that well lately, I still play some NFS games regularly so I'd say they [EA] are the best. At least to me they are.

5. sam123

sam123 New Member

I like racing game (nhac chuong mien phi)
    but unknown developing racing games
    I can put up with the idea for the game

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I grew up playing Need for Speed so EA get a point here for me, but Bethesda have been doing pretty well lately as well.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I know big companies tend to get a lot of flack but I can't help but enjoy it when they churn out a good product.

8. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Critics will always look for all the bad stuff in a game and try to make it appear like a game is really terrible. While yes compared to other games made by the same developer or other developers it may not be that good, fact is there are people who'll love the game which means bad though it might be, since some people will like it, it is a good game anyway.

Some developers can make a good game once and get gone forever. Others make games regularly and if they make a bad game then the next time obviously they'll make a better game.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah it really isn't accurate to base opinions on professional critics because they often have biases and agendas just like most regular folks do but because they have a title the statements are enhanced.

10. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I don't know . . . maybe saying some negative stuff about a game makes them think people will find their reviews objective. That's why I hardly ever read reviews preferring instead to get information about games from friends who've played a game.

11. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Criterion for me as well, the Burnout series will always hold a special place in my list of the most enjoyable racing games. It's a shame that the series is no longer in development.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I like to read reviews that have a video as well. You know, so you can get insight on what the actual issues are instead of people mad at the game giving it 1 star ratings.

Denis Hard likes this.
  13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. I really wonder what happened with them as they just seemed to lose a bit of steam after the last game they made. I see they also released an app but I think I'd rather just have a modern version of their older games instead.

14. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

My favorite racing game developer is Criterion games. It was founded in 1993. Since then, they have released many amazing games. 'Burnout' was a fantastic game from the amazing team. All the incredible games like the Need for Speed Series, Need for speed Hot Pursuit, and many others are created by this team.:cool:

15. wallcat

wallcat New Member

I like Criterion for the same reason. I love Burnout. They make the Need For Speed games too I think. I like that they have a fun attitude towards game development. Last I heard they were trying to make a game about golf with explosives - one way to make a sport more exciting I guess. Should probably also mention Polyphony Digital too. I don't really follow a developer of racing games so much as I follow a franchise.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree they are very innovative with racing games and it's just a shame that they haven't made a new version of burnout in a while. Last I heard of them they released a mobile version of crash mode but it didn't seem that fun to me especially since it wasn't even free.

17. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Codemasters is my favorite. I just absolutely love the grid series, and the fact that they always have Mazda in their lineup only helps their cause.

I'm waiting on Asetto Corsa to drop on PS4 and give that game a try. It looks really good, so I might change my answer by then.

18. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

Well I actually think that the one of the best racing games developers is going to be Electronic Arts, I personally love all the Need For Speed games and therefore I will vouch for EA Games, that is my opinion though.

19. Okaviator

Okaviator New Member

I personally like EA games. They have always delivered their best with the Need For Speed series.

20. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

EA games especially with the older Need for Speeds. I have been playing them ever since I was around 5 years old and I still continue to have fun with the series and the franchise to this day. Amazing stuff!