Your Favorite Movie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dannyboy, Jan 11, 2014.

1. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

My favorite movie would have to be Finding Nemo! It's a very adventurous and calm movie!

2. Jonjon

Jonjon New Member

I love Woody Allen movies like ManHattan, Bananas and take the Money and Run but Sleeper is my favourite. I also like the Alien trilogy and the Terminator films. I like films that make me laugh or create tension.

3. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

The lord of the rings, The hobbit.

4. Shimus

Shimus New Member

I really liked the concept behind INTERSTELLAR because of the whole black-hole, time travelling outside the normal scope of things, and how reality bended back on itself. But instead of INCEPTION (another of my favorites) it wasn't all "just a dream within a dream" at the end.

5. sidney

sidney Member

I have watched Finding Nemo too, and it was a good movie come to think of it. I noticed that I tend to overlook cartoons as being classified as one of my favorite movies. I guess adults lean towards the more serious movies.

6. Shimus

Shimus New Member

Not always true, one of my favorite series will always be Aladdin, no matter how old I get. I was raised on animated movies though, and throughout the early nineties it was a booming success of them - Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and Beast and more.

7. kylerlittle

kylerlittle New Member

That's a really good one, I like al ot of the soundtracks in Inception, really epic.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Its to hard just to pick one movie though because you would tire of it quite fast,so I think you must have a lot of different movie genres or movies that you like to watch though. I like a lot of the old Spencer Tracy movies,and a lot of the Sophia Loren movies as well from yesterday,also a lot of the french movies with english subtitles are very interesting. I really like movies with good scenery like "Straw Dogs" a movie by Sam Peckinpah and its set in the english countryside.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I can't pick just one movie as my favorite (it's impossible :D), I would need - at a minimum - split the categories to start thinking about which one would be my favorite in each of them.

10. Robert2D

Robert2D Member

I think mаny pеоplе hеrе аlrеаdy аpprесiаtе thе Gоdfаthеr, bеing оnе оf thе mоst (if nоt thе mоst) suссеssfull mоviе еvеr (оn IMDb Thе Gоdfаthеr I аnd II аrе rаnkеd rеspесtivеly аs thе sесоnd аnd thе third bеst mоviе еvеr.

11. Robert2D

Robert2D Member

Mеtасritiс аssignеs tо Thе Gоdfаthеr I thе pеrfесt wеightеd аvеrаgе sсоrе оf 100 оut оf 100, аnd thе mоviе is rаnkеd аt thе tоp оf tоp 100 list. Similаr rеsults саn bе fоund оn MyMоviеs, Rоttеn Tоmаtоеs аnd sо оn).
    I соnsidеr thе Gоdfаthеr I аnd II аs а uniquе, unаttаinаblе mаstеrpiесе.

12. Juju

Juju New Member

It really is hard to pick just one, but I am a sci-fi fan and for me it's the most recent Star Trek movie. I especially loved the cast. Guardians of the Galaxy comes a very close second.

13. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Seems like a lot of people are in the same boat here, and in a sense I think just throwing out names is a good way to go. I know now I will look for some Spencer Tracy movies.

14. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

Though question, but probably "Forrest Gump" or maybe "The Shutter Island". I don't know, both of them have my two favorite actors, both did an amazing job, and I watched the both movies for like 5-6 times. I guess that it would be "Forrest Gump", because it is beautiful in every single way. And it brought out all of the possible emotions in me. "The Shutter Island" is great because of its idea, and DiCaprio's acting.

15. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

Wow, that's a bit of a tough one to answer. But I will give a list of a few of the movies I enjoy.

Lake Placid 1 and 2
    Anaconda Blood Orchid
    Jeeper Creepers 2
    The Purge 1 and 2
    The Mist
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)
    Cloverfield
    Bad Bosses
    Billy Madison
    Jurassic Park

16. Shine_Spirit

Forrest Gump is the kind of film that can be considered as classic and timeless due to its unquestionable quality. It's one of the best movies that the Cinema has ever made, and certainly one of the best in Tom Hanks' career.

17. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

The Mist has been on my list of things to watch for a while now, and I see it everytime I scroll through the ones available. Seeing it there might just be the push that I needed. It is listed as a horror movie, which I am a big fan of, but for some reason it seemed a little fantasy-like.

18. Shine_Spirit

The Mist is a great movie! But do you prefer the original or the remake? For me, the original is infinitely superior.

1 person likes this.
  19. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

Gladiator! Russell Crowe's acting was just superb, and his speech? Man that really got me. Much respect for the man and the director of this amazing film.

20. Shine_Spirit

"Gladiator" is a great choice for a favorite movie.

Russell Crowe is a very good actor and Ridley Scott did an amazing job with that movie.