Your Favorite Animated Movie?

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by Racer X, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Racer X

Racer X Member

This one's always tough for me, being that I'm a huge fan of animated films. But I'd have to throw some Japanese titles out there, like Akira, Grave of the Fireflies and Spirited Away.

Of the American titles, I have to go Disney. Lion King is tops on the list for me, no question. But I have to give a special shout-out to Don Bluth for All Dogs Go To Heaven and Rock-A-Doodle.

But yes, my nod goes to Lion King. What about you?

2. davis

davis Active Member

Pretty much everything from Pixar. I don't like Disney much, it's so hopelessly optimistic and I don't think they try hard enough to appeal to the older viewers. 'Up' moved me close to tears and that's what I like.

3. barneyjustice

barneyjustice New Member

Wall-E and cars were pretty good, in that order. I did like Tangled, too.

4. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

I don't watch that many cartoonish movies so I go with the South Park Movie.

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I liked the South Park movie and Pixar movies. There's a whole bunch of films from my childhood that I could list: the Black Cauldron, Lion King, etc. The only anime I've watched and liked was Princess Mononoke (sp?)

6. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

My favorite animated movie is a pretty old Hayao Miyazaki movie called Lupin - Castle of Cagliostro. Its not as celebrated as most of his later works but is possibly the coolest movie he's done till now.

7. jcairns82

jcairns82 Member

Iron Giant - seriously, give it a watch and I think that you'll like it. It was released to really low box office, but has a pretty sweet cult following these days. Trust, you'll love it.

8. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

Yeah. Iron Giant is great. One of the best among the relatively low key animated movies from the 90s.

9. bombthecherry

bombthecherry Member

Far too many, but Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is up there. Alongside a lot of Pixar and old Disney stuff.

10. a bean

a bean New Member

101 dalmatians - the original

also, peter pan and toy story [original]

james and the giant peach is good too

11. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

Up! Pixar movies are THE best, the crème de la crème of animated movies. I absolutely adore them - but I have to say my favourite is Up. Really got me crying at the end, it was so sad.

so... sad...

12. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

I love Despicable Me 2 and Up.
    But I think Finding Nemo is one of the best. There's supposed to be a sequel called Finding Dory coming out.

13. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I'm surprised not a lot of people said this, but Monsters Inc. really hit me hard with all the new graphics, awesome voice acting and mostly just great emotional elements all around. The movie was a really, true delight for me and my family. My younger brothers enjoyed it and my parents loved as much as I did. The movie was great and just a real classic for animations or heck, any films out there.

14. Farrah

Farrah Member

I know its older but its still my favorite.... Toystory ..... The first one.

15. ReinaDIa

ReinaDIa Member

I prefer the first one to Monsters University.
    It didn't turn out to be what I thought it would.

16. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

It's hard to settle on one. These are some of my favorites:

1. Ice Age 3 [great Graphics!].
    2. Igor [great soundtrack].
    3. AntZ[great story].
    4. Monsters vs Aliens [dumbest character — the president].

17. randee555

randee555 Member

That's a tough one because I have quite a few I like. Lion King was good, Cars was definitely a good one, Bee Movie had a great storyline, and Ratatouille (I'm sure I probably misspelled it). These are just a few of my favorites.

18. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I can't remember my favorite animated movie, its been so long since I have seen one. Its probably Monsters Inc for me. I always loved that movie growing up.

19. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

Monsters University was okay for a Pixar movie. For the fact that this movie was released after the horrible Cars 2, shows that Pixar still got it. I didn't really like Brave and I felt that Wreck It Ralph was much better. Monsters University, to me, had a perfect blend of telling Sully and Mike's past with new elements that created more depth in their relationship. I personally liked Monsters University, but Monsters Inc. is the original Pixar movie and my favorite Pixar movie. The ending still gets to me, it has the perfect hybrid of melancholy, optimism and the essence of our own imagination when we had that spark of childhood in us. Amazing.

20. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

Avatar loved that movie and it had a great story line. I would love to see a follow up and other movies with that superior animated goodness. I also enjoyed lion king had a really good story line. Man you hardly find good animated movies these days.