Yoshi Circuit Confirmed for Second DLC Pack!

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by Squigly, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Sorry it's still in Japanese, I couldn't find any English videos.

Nice to see them use popular circuits from the older-gen games. Some people might say that it's a lazy rehash, but the graphics are visibly better, and it gives a nice feeling of nostalgia, so I don't mind at all!

2. camsdad

camsdad New Member

OMG I can't wait to download this. I don't think it's a lazy rehash at all! This has always been one of my favorite course and I can't wait to play it at my weekly game night. Thanks for sharing squigly.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

Sounds good to me. I wouldn't mind revisiting a handful of the older maps from previous games!

4. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Which of the older maps would you like to see? :p

I would go with Ribbon Road or Baby Park.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Nice! I'm sure a lot of players would love the nostalgia factor of this. I bet they will sell this particular map very well. Even though it's just a rehash I think it will still be a welcome addition by the players.

6. TheViper

TheViper Member

Honestly, I think if you are a real fan of Nintendo then you would be very happy with this announcement. Who could be mad that they are bring back classic maps? It would almost be criminal to complain about this.

7. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

People will complain about almost anything nowadays haha. But I would be mad if I saw some elements of a game lazily rehashed into its sequel with no visible improvements at all. (Looking at you Borderlands.)

8. tjmsrubegoldberg

tjmsrubegoldberg New Member

I think Nintendo is one of the increasingly few companies who provide consumers with a ton of content for their money. $12 for 16 tracks, 8 vehicles, and 6 characters is certainly worth it to me. For the same price in another game, I could get about 8 cars and nothing else, if I was lucky. Even if a fair amount of the tracks and vehicles are "just a rehash" from other systems, the amount of work that goes into recreating and reimagining them to fit Mario Kart 8 makes it much, much more than just a simple copy/paste. There are certainly a lot of maps from previous Mario Kart games that I'd love to see with the new mechanics of Mario Kart 8.

9. NathanG

NathanG New Member

Some people get angry whenever a company brings something from another game and doesn't improve it at all, so it doesn't fit in with the new game. By watching the video though, I have to say that I can't wait for this!