Would you like to see a HD remake of GTA:SA?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by shreklock, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

Good point, it could definitely ruin the franchise in a way. Plus, with online gameplay and reviews, word of the games features will get out much quicker.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I think making so much money with just a single move and then having the company's future ruined is a very stupid move.

Money is important, but stability in the market has to speak louder. :)

3. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Absolutely, but with every remake there are risks and i'm sure Rockstar won't risk their franchise.

4. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

I doubt Rockstar would ever make a remake of any of their old games, to be honest for the new consoles. They have optimised and made the old games like San Andreas compatible with the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 but I doubt they would spend too much time attempting to make a high definition remake of the games. It wouldn't too well either, to be honest, everyone wants a new Grand Theft Auto, not a remake of an old one.

5. jakub1

jakub1 Member

@kingcool you make a lot of great points and i agree that investing in an old game might not turn out great.

6. Itsame

Itsame New Member

That R C helicopter mission was the bain of my existence! There's nothing in the way of guides that can help you with it, either! The timer was just so cruel and the vehicles you had to go after had every advantage over your little R C helicopter.

The only real advice I can give is to try and follow the streets as low to the ground as possible. This is a huge threat, though, because they're constantly shooting back. Your R C helicopter doesn't take all that much damage, but your need for expedience outweighs your poor armor rating.

7. Itsame

Itsame New Member

I've always been of the opinion that it's best to leave well enough alone. GTA:SA is a classic. It stands out among all the other GTA games as an example of excellent craftsmanship.

The trouble is that you simply cannot recreate the feel of the game. The newer game set in Los Santos proves that. It had all the source matterial and the benefit of modern computing, yet fell short of what GTA:SA achieved. There's also the controller issue. None of the modern controllers have pressure sensitive face buttons and that was a key feature of how you control your vehicles in that game.

8. D Lee

D Lee New Member

Definitely! I not only would like to see a HD Remake of San Andreas but to play it to the full. Vice City too.. Can't wait to see the purchase price of these games upon there release. The news were exciting once I heard this.

9. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

I would love to, but I think Rockstar won't. They'd like to keep the universes separate. I.E. HD Universe (GTA V, GTA IV) is different lore to the 3D Universe (GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas etc) which are also different lore to the 2D Universe (GTA 2, GTA 1 etc).

10. Haroon

Haroon New Member

yes,I want to see a HD remake of GTA San Andreas.Because HD graphics always attract more people towards them.HD graphics provide a nicer platform to enjoy more and more.GTA San Andreas is my favorite, so that is why I would like to play a HD remake of San Andreas.

11. overcast

overcast Member

It takes time though. So despite money they may need to add something new. I guess they have plenty of time for remake. But have to plan properly. Just remaking new graphics won't cut it though.