Would you like to see a HD remake of GTA:SA?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by shreklock, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Capri

Capri New Member

to be honest not really. Those HD remake's are often just a quick cash grab and nothing more. I rather get new quality game, with 100% effort of the whole team than have a poorly revisited game. No matter how good the game is.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

GTA SA is probably One of my favourite games of all time, not just of the GTA series, and while I'd probably like to see it again in HD, I don't know if that would spoil the game a little.

It's set in the 90's and I quite like the way if you play it now you get a slightly average quality compared to new games.

It might lose a bit of its charm if it gets remastered.

3. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I don't think it would need a HD remake. The game seems fine just as it is. Besides, if they were to remake the game, it shouldn't replace the old one.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I know that rockstar will be concentrating on DLC for GTAV and hopefully be developing the next game in the series but I'd like to be able to play GTA SA on the PS4. You know, like they released it on the PlayStation store for the PS3. I think for that to work though it would need updating a bit, not the actual game but the graphics.

I doubt that would happen to be honest but it would be nice to play it again, especially now since I've got rid of the PS3.

5. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I, would like to see that as it would improve the game framerates and also the graphics would look better and be more enjoyable as well to play. I have enjoyed, the original game and also it would be good to see a remastered game and bugs removed as well and loading screens less usage as well. I would like, to enjoy seeing some extra content added too and maybe some changes to missons so they could be easy like the wrong side of tracks missions.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

You had trouble with that mission aswell then I assume? I think of all the missions I've played across GTA that was one of the most frustrating. Even now I think I only ever completed that by luck instead of skill and judgement.

I like a challenge, don't get me wrong but I found that nearly impossible to do...And I'm glad I'm not the only one!

7. rightct

rightct New Member

No, not really. I thoroughly enjoyed the story line, but playing it once again in HD graphics would simply ruin everything. Although unrelated, GTA V sets in the same place as this game, haha, so I wouldn't prefer a HD remake.

8. Arvis

Arvis Member

GTA SA high definition remake would be awesome but I wouldn't want it to be the next GTA. I would rather see next GTA in an upgraded HD Vice City. It's my favorite place from old GTA's. :D

9. Kaylahambrick

Kaylahambrick New Member

A complete remake of the graphics would be simply amazing. If you have played Halo and Halo 2 then played the "Anniversary" additions, the nostalgia mixed with modern gaming is pure fun. The remake being that great in halo just shows how perfect the game was for its time. And GTA like Halo definitely stands the test of time!

10. Sheggy6

Sheggy6 New Member

Whilst I would love a remake, the charm is in its ugly nature I feel. As a whole I believe the game benefits from that "looking back at history" element to help show us how far we've come in terms of graphics when we use the game. It's horribly rough around the edges, but boy, that's the charm.

11. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

I have been wanting a HD remake of san andreas for ages now. Imagine if they made it look just like GTA5 as far as graphics go, plus fix all the bugs that the game has. Plus maybe add some more missions. I would buy the game in a instant.

12. pedroXsantos

pedroXsantos New Member

Not right now. I think they should start with GTA III or Vice City, and then start working on San Andreas; in fact, I would love to see an upgraded version of the latter. That may just be my nostalgia talking, though... :) They would have to spend some time working on the gameplay and the game's controls, not just revamping its graphics, like troutski said.

13. Susime

Susime Active Member

An HD remake of SA seems kinda pointless now that we have V that is pretty much based on the same sort of area.

So no, I wouldn't like to see it being remade in HD, I feel the work involved in doing that could much better be used on something else.

14. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 New Member

There is already a trash "hd" remake, which is basically the current PC version with some music removed, and a screwed up game menu and some bit better textures.

15. smallsmoke

smallsmoke New Member

Why not.. it's one of the best GTA game of the series so far.. I'd defintetly try it.

16. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

That would be cool, I've been wanting to replay that game, but there are a ton of mods that make it look pretty good. And, as allison said, I would much rather have the developers concentrate their efforts on new projects than remastering old content.

17. michaelrydell

michaelrydell New Member

I'm kind of surprised that they haven't released some kind of HD remake or trilogy (III, Vice City, and San Andreas) yet. At some point one would think that with all the repackaging going on these days, Rockstar would see a market for this. What if one day they released an Anthology set, with bonuses, soundtracks, poster, etc. That would be interesting.

18. SeereneAngel88

SeereneAngel88 New Member

While it would be nice, I think I would rather have a compilation disc containing GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas myself since it would be cool to have all three games in one set rather than having to track them all down to buy. Not to say I would be oppose to a remake of the game...

19. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

Absolutely. San Andreas is probably my favorite GTA game of all time. I still think that some of the mechanics introduced into that game are better than mechanics present in even the latest GTA title. I would hope that they keep the cheats, too! R1, R2, L1, L2, left, down, right, up, left, down, right, up.

20. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

As long as they don't change anything about the actual game, I'm ok with that.