Would you like to see a HD remake of GTA:SA?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by shreklock, Oct 15, 2014.

1. shreklock

shreklock Member

San Andreas was released for PC in 2005. Would you like Rockstar to release A HD remake of this game? I think it should not only contain graphical improvements, but more missions and bug fixes.

1 person likes this.
  2. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

I'd like a GTA: San Andreas remake. I couldn't complete the game as I got stuck on an RC helicopter mission and I'd definitely want to complete it on the newer version. Also, I felt that GTA: San Andreas had washed out graphics. Even Vice City looked vibrant compared to GTA:SA.

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I don't really want a remake of any GTA game. I feel like the games, up to GTA III, are still playable and hold up well even today. I'd rather they spend their time on new experiences than have them remake every other successful game they have like Square Enix loves to do.

1 person likes this.
  4. shreklock

shreklock Member

I agree that they should concentrate on making new innovations, though there still are some people who play GTA:SA, and I don't think Rockstar would need to spend as much time as they would on making new game, because they wouldn't need to create new game engines and such.

5. soconfused

soconfused New Member

Like others have said, no need to remake this game. For those of us who still lovethis game, they can increase the user experience and give us something new instead of remaking the same game.

6. prey

prey New Member

No, I wouldn't. It would be nice for some, sure, but we have to move on to other stories, too. Rockstar can't just stay on place and try to make 5 remakes for a game, they have to always create new stories, this is what people look for generally, and I'm one of them.

7. TheViper

TheViper Member

The funny thing is that people forget that this game came out in 2005. That means it was in production maybe from 2003-2005. You can't expect the graphics to be something compared to now. Though, the game was fun and improved upon GTA from prior versions. Nothing new needs to be created for it at all. They can have a mission or two in their new game that revisits San Andreas. Though, I am against a HD remake.

8. moneyman

moneyman New Member

It would be awesome to feel the same gaming experience with better graphics although I liked the game as it was when it was released.

9. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Having played this on my phone with the anniversary edition, I can't say I think it needs a remake. Part of the draw is the graphics it already has.

10. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I really agree with this. When the game was released it did not have the type of graphics that we see in games these days in it. I really think that if they created an HD remake that I would buy it. The game was really good and at the time that it was made the graphics seemed to be good but now when you are playing games like GTA 5 now you see that what was back then is horrible compared to what we have now.

11. Corten

Corten Member

Yes, please! San Andreas is my favourite GTA after Vice City. I'd love and HD remake of it, or just remake Vice City with a SA sized world, that would make money escape my pockets at light's speed.

12. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Yeah, I would like to see an HD remake for this one. This is going to be beautiful if it will going to be true.

13. Metalhead

Metalhead New Member

I wouldn't just like it, I'd love it. SA is my fav. game so far, I'd love to see a complete map with the multiple cities. GTA 5's improved RAGE engine seems really good for some gameplay features, I'd love to play with CJ, then switch to Smoke and make the characters fight like madmen.

14. sidney

sidney Member

I also don't think that an HD remake is not necessary, and I don't think Rockstar would even consider making one, because that costs money and they won't take a risk for something that might not be well-received, as compared to just making another new franchise.

15. SS42A

SS42A New Member

This game is already perfect as it is. There's no need to remake it in HD, unless they plan to make some major changes in the game, as well as add entirely new features. For instance, they can choose to make certain missions easier or more difficult.

16. troutski

troutski Active Member

An HD Remake would give you the same stiff controls as other games for the PS2/Xbox, so I'm going to say no. If it was a completely remade game, then I'd say go for it. A simple graphical update wouldn't do the game justice though, and mods can already give you that update.

17. jamiew23

jamiew23 New Member

I don't think I'd buy a HD version unless they added stuff too and changed up the story, I don't like playing games through more than once.

San Andreas was and still is my favourite GTA though! Absolutely loved everything about it!

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, a HD remake would be nice but it would also be cool if they added something new to the game.
    GTA:SA was my all-time favourite and I think they can do a very major overhaul to this game with the technology these days.

19. Videomystery7

Videomystery7 New Member

I would love that. I don't think it would take anything away from the story and it would be a whole new playing experience. The bad news would be that for those of us that have computers that are a few years old, we would most likely have to upgrade equipment and the good news is that the original GTA:SA plays well on a lot of older machines. But it would be something to see.

20. allison

allison New Member

Not really. If they're going to revamp the city, add more missions, etc why reboot this one at all? Just make a new game. It could even be a continuation of the story or a whole new family in SA, but not the same game rebooted, no. I am with you on wanting to see the 2015 version of SA, but I'd rather the devs time and money go to new content rather than a reboot.