Would you buy the game on three separate systems?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by troutski, Oct 19, 2014.

1. troutski

troutski Active Member

Say you've already purchased the game for Xbox 360 or PS3, and you plan on getting it for next gen. Then you get it for Xbox One or PS4 because that's what all your friends have. But then say you have a nagging interest in the potential mods and you start to regret the PS4/Xbox One purchase of GTA V, so then you purchase it on PC. I'm sure that'll happen to a handful of people.

Is there any situation you would buy GTA V on three separate systems, last gen, next gen, and PC?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Nope. I'm not interested in PC gaming at all because it's too expensive to keep upgrading the graphics card and maintain a computer that can keep up with newer games.

I have the XBox 360 GTA V, but after seeing the gorgeous PS4 trailer that was released at E3, I'm definitely selling my 360 version and buying it again for PS4. The graphics for the new version look great.

1 person likes this.
  3. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

I'd definitely not buy the same game on three separate systems. I don't own any consoles, but even if I did, I'd rather get it for a single system or the PC. I'm waiting for the PC version. I could have bought a 360/PS3 for some money I had and a copy of GTA:V, but I upgraded my PC instead and it should run games well for a few years. I'll be getting the PC version for it.

4. SlickBlasianYT

SlickBlasianYT New Member

I would. I don't have a good PC though so I would get it for PS4. I used to have the PS3 version but then sold it to Gamestop for this deal to lower the price of the PS4. So yeah, I'm already going to be getting it again.

5. Askani

Askani Member

No way. to me that would be a waste of money and time. I have the game for one system why would I need it for another, the basic gameplay would be the same on either system so why bother.

1 person likes this.
  6. srofltank

srofltank New Member

You don't have to upgrade your PC that often you know lol. You can literally build your own PC for ~$400 to ~$500 and it'll perform better than any new "new-gen platforms." I also don't know why I would purchase a game for all three different consoles. I bought GTA V for the PS3 since it wasn't out for the PC yet a year ago but I'd much rather have the game on the PC right now.

7. RadialPerson

RadialPerson Member

No, definitely not. I got GTA V for the ps3 first last year but I sold it a few months back since I'm going to be getting it for PC when it comes out next year. I'm hoping they add new stuff to the game though, I'd be pretty disappointed if they only add an HD texture pack to the game and call it a day.

8. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

I agree with srofltank's reply. My PC costs as much as the next-gen consoles and it runs games fine and gives me great graphics. I upgraded it only recently; I was using it for over 3 years before my upgrade. And, it is expected to run all new games for the next few years. If the graphics of future games are too heavy, I can lower the settings or let it auto-adjust to optimal settings for my computer and the games would work fine. I get cheap games and a device which can do other stuff as well. :)

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I also don't have the skills to build my own PC either. I wouldn't even know where to start. It's ironic because my daughter's cousin, who is around the same age as her, built his own gaming computer, with all the specs and everything. It's pretty impressive, but I couldn't do that. I have no knowledge how to.

10. Alabamagrl187

Alabamagrl187 New Member

Yes if I had a next gen console I would buy at least 2, and then if I decided I wanted it on the P.C. I wouldn't have a problem with buying a third one, but I don't see that happening since I don't plan on buying but one ps4 for my daughter and me and my hubby would need two to play online together so I really don't see us getting GTA V for the next gen for awhile.

11. troutski

troutski Active Member

Well, to be fair, gameplay would be changed on the PC version through mods and things. You could easily get a ton of different experiences, depending on how users change the game up with their mods.

12. cabrannon529

cabrannon529 New Member

Yes! That's exactly what I've done, too. I originally bought GTA V for the Xbox 360, and enjoyed it a lot. Then I purchased an Xbox One, and got the GTA V for Xbox One along with it. When it came out for PC, I jumped on that, too, for the mods, and I haven't regretted a single purchase since!

13. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

I only have it on two systems, the PS3 and the PC.

In my opinion, the game and its multiplayer isn't worth $180. The only reason I purchased it on PC is because I like to play my games modded, and because I managed to get it on sale.

14. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

Have you been talking to my son? lol. He already has it on two, and wants it on every system we have. I personally think it is a waste of money to have ANY game on more than one system. Hardcore people seem to think there are subtle differences that make it worth the money. Personally, I would rather get something new, rather than spend more cash on something that might be 2% different!

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I purchased GTA V on the PS3 and then when I upgraded to a PS4 I bought the game again, but I have absolutely no interest in PC gaming so I wouldn't even think about buying it again. Even if I did, I dint think I could justify buying the game three times.

16. alaineman

alaineman New Member

Never, don't have the new consoles. Wouldn't buy an expensive game more than once.

17. JusApee

JusApee New Member

I don't have any console besides of a Playstation 2, but even if I had, I still wouldn't buy the game for all of the platforms because it's not worth it. The game is expensive even for one platform, imagine for 3. I already finished the game on PC, for what reason should I buy it on xbox or ps?

18. C.J

C.J New Member

Of course not.
    Even if I could spare the money, I would see it as a waste.
    The gamplay would be the same on all platforms, just visuals and audio that may be ehanced on some and not others.

I think the only exception would be rare games in a special edition release that'll be worth something in the future - wouldn't unbox or play it though

19. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I don't think I would ever pay three times for one game. If I play it on one platform I'm sticking with it and getting all the fun I can on that version. I like the game a lot, but I'm not made of money, and there's a lot of other games I have to save up for.

20. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The cost is the biggest factor, and even now after so long since it came out on the PlayStation 4, the game is still quite highly priced, so to buy it 3 times wouldn't be viable for a lot of people.

To be honest even if I was a millionaire I'm not sure I would either, as why buy the one game across 3 different platforms anyway?