Worst racing games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by FuZyOn, Sep 15, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

What is one of the worst racing games that ever came up in the market? Nothing comes to mind right now, so hopefully you people have some! :p

2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

Majority of the games that came out in the 1980s on the home consoles will suck compared to the games that we have now. That is a no brainer. During the days of the Atari 2600 racers were bad, but after the 8 bit consoles came out, they looked horrible. If you were to play them now compared to the PS4 and PC, it will make you vomit because it wreaks a horrible smell.

3. TheViper

TheViper Member

Anyone who even plays racing games should have a easy answer for this. That game is called Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. The fact is I just don't think it is the worst game by myself. You can literally find this on pretty much anybodies list when it comes to the worst games ever made. All I have to say about this game is "You're Winner !".

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've tried some mobile games that seemed rushed and not professional at all but I've already forgotten the names. The drag racing games are pretty lame too in my opinion even if it's still kind of entertaining.

5. BluBird

BluBird Member

NFS: Rivals was awful. It looked fabulous but was killed ridiculous cop AI and constantly failing EA servers that would cause you to lose progress in the middle of races. That game was so frustrating I nearly broke my tv with a flying PS4 controller.

6. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Everyone will have a racing game which they don't like. That wouldn't necessarily make it the worst. It's all comes down to a matter of taste.

For me the waste racing game I've ever played/ever made is MotoGP. It's damn too boring.

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'd have to say any racing game made by Inforgrames.

I played V-Rally and the first Le Mans game and their car handling was terrible. Just press a directional button and your car would veer in that direction like it was on rails or something. It was a shame because the games actually had a good background to them.

Denis Hard likes this.
  8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I got to play v rally too and I agree. It was awful and almost unplayable. I played an older version though so I'm not sure if any new ones have come up that was better.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

I played the original and I did see stuff about V-Rally 2 and while it looked good I never touched it.

My experience of the first just left a bad taste in my mouth.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. It's not that I hated the game that much but I just got dismayed and lost interest in it completely, so much so that I even forgot it exists until you mentioned it lol.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

Haha!

I still remember it because it had quite a big car list at the time for that sort of game and the tracks weren't too bad in fact, it's just the handling that really put me off it.

Now, had someone like Relfections done it, then things would have been VERY different...

12. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I can't think of the worst racing game off the top of my head. If I had to guess the worst one is probably a free mobile game that no one has even dared to try.

13. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I think one of the first racing games that I ever played on a PC was called City Madness. It was set in Chicago and I loved exploring the city, but the racing elements of that game were awful! It would go so fast that it would lag my computer and then I would end up crashing and freezing the game! The worst!

14. Susime

Susime Active Member

Ahh early computer racers.

I remember having a go on a friends F1 game for the computer back in the mid-90's and it was just horrible. You were stuck in the cockpit view and all the tracks looks pretty awful even though they tried to replicate it as best as technology then could. That game was probably pretty high-spec for the time though.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I have played some terrible mobile racing games but unfortunately I've already forgotten their titles since they were so forgettable. They probably still wouldn't be considered the worst though because they at least worked.

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think those drag racing games are lame as well, it's just no effort put in them. CSR Racing (I think that's how it's spelt) is a complete joke.

17. Susime

Susime Active Member

I think I've heard of that one but have never given it a try. Doubt I will either!

Mobile games will always be pretty poor in comparison due to the limited power they have to work with. They want to make them look modern while still making them good and I think they are focussing a lot on trying to make them look good and not like something that belongs in a past generation.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't even consider it a racing game because you're not doing much aside from tapping at the right time which in my opinion is closer to rhythm games than racing.

19. Susime

Susime Active Member

Are you sure they just didn't copy something like dance dance revolution and mod it so it looks like a drag racing game? :D

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

To be fair the game does look good and there is a certain amount of innovation there. I think I was a little harsh but I do stand by my statement that it's not a racing game.