Will this game make you buy a Wii U?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by jardantuan, Nov 22, 2013.

1. jardantuan

jardantuan New Member

I bought a Wii U on launch day, and while it did cost a lot, I'm thoroughly glad that I did. It hasn't had the best of starts, but I've had a number of solid games that justify my purchase in my eyes.

Obviously, not many people have bought it yet, but I know a lot of people are waiting for the right games to come out. I think the Wii U, like many of Nintendo's consoles, is something that many gamers would own to accompany a PS4/X1 (or even a PC), so while they wouldn't get a Wii U early on, they'd eventually get one.

Is Mario Kart 8 the game that will make you finally splash out the cash, or are you waiting for something else, like Smash Bros. Wii U? Have you already bought a Wii U? Or are you just not interested in the console?

2. hydrlon

hydrlon New Member

I would definitely get a Wii U not only for mario kart 8, but the overall next gen console is an extreme upgrade from the previous Wii that I think was TERRIBLE.

3. hempwick

hempwick New Member

I really think the Wii is dissapointing, but I have never yet tried the Wii U. Mario Kart does actually look good though, and being a fan of any Mario game I suppose this does tempt me to buy a Wii U, but not enough.

4. jbepp

jbepp Member

Probably not.
    I mean, it's probably a great game, but I prefer more serious games. Bayonetta 2 could make me buy the WiiU though.

5. TheViper

TheViper Member

The Wii in general has been a disappointment for me. I think Nintendo just stopped trying to release new stuff. The fall back game will always be Mario. It is kinda sad that they still haven't found another hit.

I won't buy this game when it is released because I don't want the Wii U

6. erronousRogue

erronousRogue New Member

It's looking nice, but MK8 is not exactly a deal breaker for me either. I'll probably just wait until the Wii U can be emulated, and then buy a controller for it separately.

The Dolphin project is evolving pretty fast, so chances are we'll be able to emulate most games to a reasonable degree within the next couple years at most.

7. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

For me to want a Wii U, it needs to have better hardcore games and a much larger library. Price is also a major issue for me as when I bought a Wii mini after the Wii U was released, a bunch of Wii games that were over 3 years old were still 50 dollars! That's insane when Steam games go 50% off within a year usually.

8. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Yeah, but besides Mario Kart I'm looking forward to Hyrule Warriors so much so.

9. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

I have not got round to trying the Wii U yet. I have not liked any of the Wii consoles before, I just find that targeted at such a young audience and can never get into them. I will be happy to try the new Wii, but I won't be going out my way to do so or purchase one.

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I think it might change your mind the controller even if it's a bit large is really comfortable and works REALLY well. This console is more gamecube like the original Wii.

11. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Nope. Mario Kart is not a system seller in my book, nor would any other single game for that matter be a system seller for me. I look into the games that a console has as a whole and not just one game. If a console has a lot of games that I like, that's the time that I would buy it. As of now, the Wii U does not have a lot for me.

12. novasparker

novasparker New Member

I haven't had any plans to purchase the Wii U as my experience with the original Wii was just as a novelty platform. I do miss games since they are only offered on Nintendo platforms, but it's just not enough to make me buy one. They are just too expensive to purchase as a novelty platform. To tell you the truth I don't expect Wii to continue on much longer.

13. Akiyama

Akiyama New Member

I would definitely shell out cash for Smash Bros. for the Wii U. As for Mario Kart 8, depends on the time of the year.

If it's a time of the year where I have company over, then sure would. Mario Kart 8 is a perfect party game.

Any other time though? Nah.

Akiyama

14. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

I don't know if Mario Kart 8 is a system seller to me. Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World and Smash Bros. are definitely what have created a burning urge to finally get a Wii U. I already have a 3DS and a Wii, but haven't been able to splurge for the Wii U, yet. Maybe after tax season?

15. 4justice

4justice Member

I already have a Wii U (as well as the PS4). And sure, I will buy Mario Kart 8.

But with that said, if I didn't have the Wii U, this game alone wouldn't make me run out and buy it. I don't care what system we're talking about, no 1 or 2 games is enough to make me want to run out and buy it.

16. Poynt

Poynt Member

Never been a fan of Mario Kart with these latest versions, I only play the oldest Mario kart which is really awesome to play on a really old console. Is Mario kart 8 worth it?

17. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJones New Member

I'm eyeing the Xbox One, and I don't think that Mario Kart 8 is enough of a pull factor for me to get the Wii U, I just see myself getting more Xbox One games and getting more value out of it. I'll definitely be mooching off anyone else I know that has the Wii U and Mario Kart 8 though.

18. panderson248

panderson248 Member

When I was younger I purchased the original Wii and have since converted into the Xbox and Ps3. No game could make me purchase a Wii U because there's no way the system even competes with the Xbox and Playstation. And I know none of my friends that have a Wii U.

19. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Will MK8 release in other platforms as well? If yes, I am not going to buy Wii U. I am more inclined to play my existing PC games than to buy a new console for a new game.

20. Esperahol

Esperahol Member

Nope - cause I bought one at launch! That said this is a game that definitely lets me justify the purchase to others who are all - "hardcore/childish/blahs" about the system.