Will Crash Team Racing make comeback?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Ghost Rider, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

I loved Crash Team Racing back in the PS1 days. It was such a great kart game which was fun to play as a single player game and even better when played with friends. But when the PS2 came along, the developers moved on to other projects.

I miss the game. Do you think that it would make a comeback?

2. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I have never played it. I have only played some PS2 racing games. Wiki says there was an indirect sequel named Crash Nitro Kart for PS2. Never played it either.

3. nickjt

nickjt Member

No I think Naughty Dog have moved onto bigger and better things now. It is a shame as I think the Playstation is missing a great character based kart racer. We have Little Big Planet and Mod Nation Racers, but it doesn't have the same appeal to me.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I doubt it. I think if it ever will, they'd first have to re-introduce Crash itself, and then it might take a while more before they introduce the racing spin off if ever. There's just too many new titles now that some of the old titles are being ignored, which I don't know if it is a good or a bad thing. :D

5. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

PS1 days are a bit behind but am not sure if the game will make a comeback all we can do is wait and see what will happen. It might be awesome also if it came back.

6. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

O my god I forgot about this game. This was back when the PS1 was the most awesome thing ever. You could do the super boosts at the start and bunny hop around everywhere!

7. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Member

I think it would be a wise move to bring back Crash Team Racing. Pretty much everyone who played Crash Team Racing back in the day loved it. I am sure a CTR reboot would be highly successful as long as the game still has the some of the same elements as the original CTR did.

8. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Member

Ah CTR. Definitely the best kart racer in my opinion. I hope it does make a comeback, but in the hands of Naughty Dog. But seeing as the Crash IP is not with them, I'd prefer if it stayed dead.

9. Solar

Solar Member

I think we will never see another CTR, as sad as it would be. I just don't see it happening again.

10. Dez97

Dez97 Member

oh wow, I haven't heard about this in a minute LOL. Honestly maybe, but I don't see it happening. Although stranger things have happened.

11. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Haha! You got it right man. It was one of the greatest times of gaming, ever.
    Why not? Look at Mario Kart 8. It's got a lot of gamers. It's very big on the Wii U. Maybe Naughty Dog can restore the magic of CTR and make it an awesome game on the PS4. Or maybe they could start with the PS Vita right?

12. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I wish it would but with Activision owning the crash license I just don't see it happening.

13. qag

qag Member

I would LOVE to see a new Crash game, but with Activision owning the IP, I don't see it happening. They seem to have little interest in their franchises outside of Skylanders, Call of Duty, and the upcoming Destiny, and honestly, I'm not even sure if I trust Activision's development studios to create a quality Crash Team Racing game.