Why does this game receive so much hate?

Discussion in 'GTA Chinatown Wars' started by tomorrowdreamking, Jun 8, 2015.

1. belovedad

belovedad Member

It really just sucks. It might not be the worst by itself but when you compare it to its predecessors, it was an obvious step down which is sad.

2. raceman998

raceman998 Member

That's really awesome. I have played it only one time. You sound like a good gamer.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think that's the point. As a game by itself it's alright, but put it up against other games in the series and its very poor. You can only compare a game to its rivals, and on this occasion the game doesn't hold up well.

While it's worth playing, it's not a game you should judge the other GTA games by.

4. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I mean, after I finished it for the first time, I uninstalled because the game is really heavy. A couple days after, I was already missing the game, so i installed it again and played it all over again.

5. jonthai

jonthai New Member

I really don't understand why..This game was my childhood,I've used to play this all the time and have lots of fun.I think that because of the new generation of people, they don't like this game anymore, and as a result, it's getting lots of bad reviews.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The size of the game is an issue like you say, and I think a lot of people will have done the same as you. Even if you don't want to uninstall the game, the fact you can barely fit anything else on your device because of it tends to give you no option.

7. sidney

sidney Member

I actually didn't know that it's top down view? Simply just imagining the view being top down makes it less appealing to me. They should have made another option to include the regular view along with the top view.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The problem was I think that with the actual size of the games being huge, the device was struggling to make the game playable at all. That's the only reason that I can think of why Rockstar would go down the top down crow on the camera, as I would have thought that would have saved a lot of data.

9. junmun

junmun New Member

This game receives so much hate because this game is very different than the other games. The developers should make this game just like the other games in the GTA franchise like San Andreas, etc. The story is also very different.

10. junmun

junmun New Member

The size of the game was huge because the game was much more detailed than the other GTA games. A good game requires a balance between the content and the size of the game. The size of the game was huge but the concept was bad and that is the main problem in this game.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'm not sure that I'd agree that the actual concept of the game was bad, but that's just a matter of opinion I think, and it's like asking what a persons favourite GTA is, you're going to get different opinions.

I think at the end of the day, even though the game didn't do as well as Rockstar would have wanted, they'll have learned a lot and so that's not a bad thing.

12. derf

derf New Member

Mainly because it was such an awkward game to make and play as a whole. Another reason could be that the game had poor game play elements and the campaign was not strong enough for a Rockstar game. Or it could be that people were expecting a really good game considering the other GTA game Rockstar has made and it did not turn out that way. Also the weak story probably added to why people did not like it. Either way it was not a really good game and Rockstar should probably do something about it in the future when they make a better game.

13. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

I enjoyed playing this game and never hated it. I think it has the best graphics ever in GTA series. It has many features that don't let us get bored of it. Everyone has their own choice so we should give it a try before making any decision.

14. demitri

demitri Member

I love playing this game and want to keep on playing. I am really surprised to know that some gamers hate it. Maybe it depends on the personal choice. I don't have any problem while playing it. i like all its features.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I can't understand so much hate with GTA Chinatown Wars. :confused: I mean, it's not my favorite GTA version but there are not so many reasons to become hated. o_O

16. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I really started to remember a lot of it when I read about the show possibility in a different thread. It was there and at first pretty loud, but it quieted down.

17. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

As many others have already stated, it had terrible controls for me as it tries to use the DS touchscreen a lot of times until it feels hassling to do so. I'm not fond of the story either, I feel like I just can't relate to the protagonist's emotions. I think they would've had better success if they remade Grand Theft Auto 2 with that graphics.

18. Haroon

Haroon New Member

I have listened from many people that this game is very difficult than any other games.We have to be more active to complete any mission in the game.Many people also say that its story is not also good like Vice City and San Andreas. That is why people don't like to play this game more.

19. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I think many people are just lazy or just love to complain about everything all the time (and yes, they are a kind of annoying person).

20. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I guess I should not underestimate the fact that people do just love to complain about everything. If it were not this one, it would have been the game next most violent.