Why do the ore trucks blow up so easily?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by primalclaws1974, Aug 19, 2015.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

One of my favorite things to do in GTA V is to wreck havoc in large vehicles. Semis are good at causing damage, and keep on going. The fire truck is actually the toughest I have seen in-game. But the ore trucks, although huge, blow up if you ram a cop car or practically anything else. Why are they so delicate?

2. troutski

troutski Active Member

There's no such thing as an ore truck, unless you're talking about the dump.

That's how the physics of the game are for balancing.

3. Susime

Susime Active Member

Are you talking about those massive dumper trucks? Those things do seem to be a little sensitive. It's fun going on the run in one of them but disappointing that you can't really drive over cars with them, which you would expect with massive tyres like it has.

4. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

Let's not get too technical, they are bigger than dump trucks and haul ore, so that's what I call them, but yes we are on the same page. The explanation for "balancing" makes no sense to me. Why aren't semis and especially the fire truck the same way then? I think the physics of the game are a little off.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I was also wondering this too. The firetruck is really, really strong but the sensitivity of the ore truck makes no sense to me. Maybe an error in the code?

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

Has anyone noticed a similar thing with the tank? That thing seems to be seriously weak to a point where you only need to drive over a couple of cars before it explodes.

Would have thought a tank AT LEAST wouldn't be effected by bullets and small explosions around it.

7. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I don' think there are errors in the code. Well, the developers of the game did an amazing job and I don't they have left a place for any error.

8. krnd

krnd Member

I think it was intended and it makes a lot of sense for the "ore trucks" to be weaker than the firetruck consider their importance within the game. As for the tank.. well they're still stronger than a fire truck! :p

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I guess you are right, the game launched under a huge label but every game has its bugs, nothing's perfect.