Why do people hate jets?

Discussion in 'GTA Multiplayer' started by Necabo, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Necabo

Necabo New Member

They say it is a P**** tactic, while they are on the ground spamming RPG's and Mini-Guns? Is that more manly and legit?

2. spectre456

spectre456 Member

It's not that it's more manly. It's just way harder to take out a jet than it is to take out someone with an rpg. If you ever encounter a competent jet pilot that starts to kill you repeatedly you'll wish it was a rocket launcher guy.

3. C.J

C.J New Member

It creates an unfair and un-fun playing field with people buzzing around in jets. Stick to the ground wimps and fight like a man from an 80s action movie :)

4. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

I don't hate them at all. It's fair game. I bought a 3 million dollar hydra but I can never seem to keep it in the air more than a few minutes because its incredibly hard to control and you either have more advanced pilots in the air gunning for you, or you have the guy with a honing launcher just waiting. If you can get a clear line of sight Jets can be extremely dangerous, but it's fair game on both sides. Now, if you're going passive and landing on the ground next to 30 people and then turn it off and blast them all away, yeah, that't a little dirty, but you don't play GTA online to be fair. Everything goes .

5. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I don't really have a problem with it. I think people just see it as a cheap tactic. Sort of like having an overpowered weapon.

6. krnd

krnd Member

I have never felt GTA was meant to be balanced but rather realistic, if someone's got a jet it's obvious that investment will pay off against someone carrying only a shotgun :p

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

I can agree with this.

A good jet pilot can make life for you pretty hard. You can try to launch all the guided missiles you want but he will dodge them with ease, so that's probably why it's seen as a rubbish tactic when people use jets repeatedly, and it depends what side of the coin you're on. Would you call a jet pilot who can kill you while dodging missiles a skilled player, or a pain in the arse?

8. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I mean, at the moment he'll be a pain, but he can only be that annoying because he's skilled. I understand why people would refuse to admit that a player who trolls them the whole time is skilled, but he wouldn't be able to troll you if he wasn't.

9. jahroberts

jahroberts New Member

If I'm on the ground then jets annoy me yeah, but not so much that I'll call them a p**** because I know they're just having fun.

I've been in jets before and I know it's fun so I can't knock them for choosing it.

10. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

I prefer the creativity of someone using a jet to kill me over everyone and their mother armored Kuruma stalking any day. I do think it takes a level of skill and patience to master the jet controls, especially compared to other in-game transportation options.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It's harder to kill someone with a jet so I have to give props to someone who is able to do that, even though jets annoy me while I'm on the ground.

12. Susime

Susime Active Member

I've never seen much of the armoured Kuruma "scourge" but I hear they are a bit of a pain. The standard fighter jet does take a lot of degree of skill because you have to line up the target a lot more and from a longer way off, compared to the other jet and helicopters who are able to just hover in a stand-off place and blast your sh**. So Yeah I have to give them a hand.

13. Toast

Toast New Member

People tend to discriminate against any weapon stronger, or countering the one they use. They feel like it isn't fair because it's not on even grounds. But I don't think this is the case. People who would complain about that type of thing are usually just whining because they're upset. I wouldn't pay them any attention. Do whatever you have fun doing in this game.

14. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

Yeah I haven't too bad of an experience with Kurumas, but they're a minor annoyance. It usually takes 4 or 5 spawns to kill it, and then you get charged for destroying it (mind-boggling). The issue is compounded if you try to escape in passive mode and end up getting ran over with no access to the weapon wheel.

Hilariously the Kuruma exposes most of the design flaws in the insurance, passive mode, and balance systems, it's like a magnet attracted to broken features.

15. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

I think it's more against those pricks that just get jets to grief people. It requires 0 skill because your just flying at basically a safe height where most people will find it hard to kill you and the auto lock rockets are just perfect. I have respect for people that use the machine gun on the jet to kill people but the idiots that just spam the auto locking rockets are just annoying

16. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I suppose that a lot of people have some inner fears of planes and being up in the air. I think that I was one of them early on, but I just got used to it.