Why choose a console over a PC?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Okay guys, we're here at the age old question again - Conlose or PC? A lot of PC people are wondering why gamers choose to play on a console when the PC is a very strong device which would be able to play games at higher resolutions than consoles could ever achieve. What reasons do you guys have in choosing a console over a PC?

2. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

I'm pretty sure there are already 1/2/3 threads on the exact same topic. Probably best to dig up one of them rather than making a new one.

3. froggy666

froggy666 Member

I agree he should have look quickly to even check to see if this was a re-post or not. That being said there is no reason to buy a console over PC.

4. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

It depends with the PC that you are using. If it is a powerful PC, then there is no need to buy a console are the PC will have more functions than the console.

5. jurew2

jurew2 Member

The reason I choose consoles over PC in some cases is because of the games that come out only for consoles and not for PCs. Also if you want to play a lot of games and you don't want to spend a lot of money on purchasing the machine you want to play on, then you should just buy a console, because it is a lot cheaper than a gaming PC.

6. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

The only positive thing I could think of about consoles is that new games usually come for them only, in the first months/year, like GTA V, but other than that, I can't figure any other reason to like them better. Well, you could make good use of one if you have kids and want them to play only, as you'd have a hard time limiting a computer to only gaming.

7. rgrimes

rgrimes Member

Well, if you not that technically savvy, a console would bet fit. Otherwise I would definitely go for PC, as consoles are overpriced pieces of crap.

8. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Why would you need to be a technology savvy in order to use a PC instead of a console? It's not like you need to know much to run a game in a computer. :D

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

My reason is that I don't really care about slightly better graphics all that much and I want to buy something that I could just turn on and play without having to worry about tinkering with it every once in a while for upgrades,

10. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

That's reasonable. After all consoles are all about turning it on and playing straight way. I used to play on my PS2 while I was on my computer before, but then I started doing everyone on PC instead.

11. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

Here come the age old argument of console vs PC. Here are the facts. PC is superior over console in graphics, no doubt about that. Also, the library of PC is far bigger than console because of exclusives and indie games popping up everywhere. However, consoles are cheaper, they have better gameplay (casual) and the exclusives on consoles are better than PC, that's my opinion.

I would choose the console over PC just because consoles are friendly and easy to use. On PC, the only way to get a game these days are on Steam or Origin or something like that. You can't actually get a hard version disc of the game. And that's all handy but the download file size on these games are massive. Of course, you can also say that on the Xbox One you have to download it but that's an exception. All in all, using and setting up a console is vastly easier than a PC, especially if you want to build your PC which is cheaper.

In conclusion, PC is better than console, but since consoles are easier to use and I am lazy, I would pick consoles rather than PC. However, I have both so, yeah.
    :p

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've been getting more and more curious about it as well since information about it has gotten a lot more available nowadays than it was back then. I guess I will get into it when I start planning on replacing my current PC since I could just spend a but more and have my work computer double for gaming as well.

13. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

Indeed. A gaming computer can be used for both gaming and working, that's a truth and kind of useful. I personally game in a laptop myself, and I'm happy with it.

Regardless, I didn't notice any difficulties on acquiring game disks for PC, no idea what you guys are on about with the "you can only get them through steam or a similar service/website".

14. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

A gaming laptop would be great for me but unfortunately most of them are too expensive and if I were to spend that much I'm afraid I'd just prefer to get a MacBook instead, so I'll probably just get a PC. I personally find Steam and other similar services a lot more convenient. I haven't used CDs in a very long time.

15. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

I love laptops. I personally use a non gaming laptop that costed about 600 euros some time ago. I can run most games in normal settings without problems or lag issues.

16. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

If it's a medium-end to high-end PC, I would definitely go with that one. I love the feel of a mouse just as much as a controller. PC just have more I guess.

17. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I honestly wouldn't and that's why I haven't. I have some older consoles for games I can't emulate and such but I don't really like the new consoles very much and I don't see myself buying them..

18. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

The only reason I would choose a console over PC is due to exclusive games coming out on a particular console. Otherwise, I don't think there is any reason to pick a console.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I prefer to use my computer for work only and consoles are my entertainment machines. If I was to upgrade my computer for a game and the upgrade messed up the computer, I would not be able to use the computer for work. I'm not willing to mess with my livelihood just to play a game.

20. camsdad

camsdad New Member

The amount of games. Not every great title comes out for PC, I personally prefer my laptop but if there was a game I really wanted and it wasn't ported to PC, then I'd have no choice but to get the console.