Who would win in Mario Kart 8?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by Ghost Rider, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Hey there I just wanted to get your opinions on this. Who do you think would win? Will it be the good racer who doesn't really know how to use items or will it be the bad racer who is really good at using items? What do you think?

2. kaineparker

kaineparker Member

This is a tough one, but I think I would give the edge to the player who is good at racing. At it's core, it's a racing game and the items are secondary. No matter how often a bad racer can blue shell or banana a good racer, if he's constantly falling off the edges or running into walls, I don't feel like he would win.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I'd give it to the mario kart regular. I'm great at racing games but I'm terrible at Mario Kart..

4. laura101

laura101 New Member

Its going to be the good racer. You only need the basics to win. Someone just pushing buttons wont understand the steering. Skill beats luck all the time.

5. Askani

Askani Member

The good racer. items will help but you ahve to be able to make it through the obstacles and twists on the track.

6. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I would say that the good racer that can't use items well would beat the bad recer that can use the items very good. When you play a racing game, not matter what racing game, I think that the one that know how to race properly and is good at it will win, the same goes for the Mario Kart 8.

7. RamZor

RamZor Member

I think a good racer will win.

8. danachka

danachka New Member

I think the good racer because even if he items work the other players will use items on you and you will fall behind, but if you know how to race then you can quickly get into first place again.

9. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Statistically the good racer would win more often? Unless the bad player was lucky enough to get a Golden Mushroom at the last moment.

It's also pretty tricky to define a "good" racer. Simply having excellent handling and fast track times will not suffice, a "good" player should know when to pick up items and keep them in reserve, how to dodge bananas/shells etc. Mastering all of the above would make you win most of the time.

10. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Member

I think the good racer would win. Even if the bad racer got a bunch of good items, I assume a good racer will be able to make up for that disadvantage and eventually win the race.

11. troutski

troutski Active Member

Anyone that plays the game regularly and has some skill should be able to beat a newcomer to the game nine times out of ten. Otherwise, something is wrong there.

12. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

I think using items is key in the MK games so the person who is able to use them effectively will probably the winner. I think racing skill matters less in this game because with the help of powerups you can always win a race if used well. A good races who doesn't know how to use items will get owned I think

13. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

I'd give the small edge to the good racer. Although I have seen people who really have no idea what they're doing make a decent run of it because they somehow lucked into getting good items to destroy the other players with. A good racer can overcome not having that advantage though, I think.

14. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I think it depends on how bad the item user is at racing. If they're decent at racing and know the best times to use an item to get the upper hand they could pretty much win most races. I love staying behind a bit, getting a good item, then catching up and using it at just the right time to snatch away the win.

15. TheViper

TheViper Member

From what I have experienced during the times I've played with friends. It is always the bad player who knows how to use the items. The crazy part about it is they don't even know what the item is and still use them effectively. I can't tell you how many times I get in first only to be wiped out.

16. cameronpalte

cameronpalte New Member

I think that the new Mario Kart 8 will be designed more to deal with attracting new users with a new playing style and make it simple for people to learn how to play more.

17. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

I'd have to go with the good racer overall, the bad racer who's good with the items might get a bit of an edge initially but I don't think enough so to beat someone who is actually skilled at the racing aspect of things- it is a racing game after all, even with all the other features.

18. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

While luck plays a large part in how your placement, skill goes a lot farther. Turbo boosting around corners, having good lines, and strategic item use will get you far in the game.

19. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Well there isn't really much skill involved in using items, just click a button when a driver is close by. It's a silly comeback mechanic, definitely, but for a fun party racing game I don't really see much harm in it.

20. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

It would be hard to determine who would win, as it be due to skill or just a fluke a person wins in the end. I could be driving not too great, and crashing and getting left behind, and than I could catch up and overtake others and win as long as I got in front of them. The good racer can win, if using items and keeping eyes on the screen and watching what the others are doing, and able to drive the kart properly. I have played with others, and sometimes I win and sometimes they win the game.