Who still has a Game Boy?

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by Gin0710, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

I have a Game Boy color and sometimes I still play Mario Tennis on it. That was the only game I really liked playing.

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I still have a Game Boy. I don;t know where it is though. It must be in my basement collecting dust somewhere.

3. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

Oh the good ole days of gameboy. I don't think that I could find mines, but I still like to play some of the games on an emulator on my Samsung they are still cool like the first time that I have ever played them.

4. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

You can download Game Boy games on your Samsung? Is that the Galaxy or the phone? I have a galaxy I am going to look for them!

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I have an original Gameboy left to me by my friend but I have no games for it and I'm not sure if it still works. Also it's buried somewhere in my garage so I don't even know where it exactly is but it's there somewhere.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

I still have the Gameboy. The better question would be whether or not it still works.

When I look back at it, I wonder why never really complained about how thick and clunky it was

7. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

Guilty as charged. I only had around 7-8 games for it in the end.

8. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

Sadly, I do not still have my Gameboy. I ran that thing into the ground when I was a kid and never replaced it. I would love to play one again someday though. I'm sure I could buy one online. Loved that thing. Even though it's pretty primitive compared to what we have these days.

9. troutski

troutski Active Member

I've owned countless Gameboy variants over the years, but I don't have any of them in my possession now.

10. wulfman

wulfman Member

Nope. I believe it was still working. My mom threw it out when her and my dad moved. I was pretty upset. Had some good memories with my Gameboy. And this was the original one. I got it from my uncle over 15 years ago.

11. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

No I don't but I had a Gameboy when they first came out. I was amazed to see a portable game system. Boy have we come a long way in a short amount of time.

12. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I still have the very first gameboy and it works! I have it safe in my closet. The temp is perfect for it and I keep it dry. I also have a case that looks like a gameboy. I plan on holding on to it for at least another 30 years before selling it.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I was so amazed by it too, including all the other add ons you could use that Nintendo was selling. I especially liked the light add ons that you could use to play it in the dark, which was what I loved about the. Game Gear because it had a lit monitor.

14. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I still have my Gameboy but the bad news is that... it's not working anymore. I play many games on it and I miss them.

15. downsouth

downsouth New Member

I still have the old classic vintage Gameboy in storage. I doubt it even works now. I guess something to show my kids when they are playing on something the size of my thumb. LMAO.

16. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I still have my Gameboy! But I rarely play on it now. I remember playing a lot of Pokemon on it, up until the DS was released. I switched over because the DS was bigger and was the thing that was in style.

17. overcast

overcast Member

My cousin has it. And it seems like he is having a good time with this type of the console. It seems like game boy has lot of fan even today. And it will continue to be so in the near future as well. But I guess they wont produce those handhelds as mobiles taking over.

18. Athanas

Athanas Member

I have forgotten about mine for a while now.

19. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Member

Yeah. Me too.