Who is your favorite developer of racing games?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Ghost Rider, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

There are a lot of racing game developers in the market. There's Polyphony (Gran Turismo), EA (Need for Speed), Sega (Sega Rally), Criterion (Burnout), Nintendo (Mario Kart), Turn 10 (Forza) etc. Which racing game developer is your favorite? Who do you think listens to gamer's wants?

2. 4justice

4justice Member

I don't have a favorite developer. Just favorite games. Because all a developer has to do is have ONE bad game and all of a sudden everyone talks trash about them. Just look at Silicon Knights. Then on the flip side people can rag on a developer for years then when they make ONE good game, everyone loves them. Just look at FROM Software.

Now as in listening to their fans, Polyphony does that. Criterion does that well....or rather they DID until EA destroyed them. Sega doesn't/ can't since Sega Rally has be dormant for years.

3. turklife

turklife New Member

For me it's between Gran Turismo and Need for Speed. I pick these two because I have the most experience playing these games and they really make me come back for more every time. Need for Speed was one of the first racing games I ever played, so I have a bit of a loyalty to that brand. Gran Turismo was the game that really got me interested in the racing genre and I was the most surprised and captivated by the experience that Gran Turismo offered.

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Polyphony and EA Black Box (Underground 1/2, Most Wanted, Carbon, Undercover, NFS:Online)

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Whoever develops Burnout has my vote, as it is my all time favorite racing game and it has been ever since I got to play the first Burnout game on the PS2 and what I love most about them is that they kept evolving the game in all the right ways - for the most part. I didn't agree with some of their decisions in a few of the versions, but I always enjoyed it and never felt like I was being shortchanged.

6. jordanmc97

jordanmc97 New Member

Don't have a favourite developer but my favourite game has to be Dirt 3, I love the stunt side/tracks that it has, more of a fun game than competitive.

7. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

It has to be EA for me. Although they have a high pricing strategy, their racing games were good enough for me.

8. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

I liked EA in the old days. The days when their NFS games were really fun and had everyone playing them. They are still my favourite, but disappoint me a little.

9. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

I think in this category, EA will win the discussion. I have been a fan of their games for a long time and EA never disappoints with their creations.

10. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

I think in this category, EA will win the discussion. I have been a fan of their games for a long time and EA never disappoints with their creations.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I say Rockstar because I like the Midnight Club games. They have the cool city environments similar to GTA except that you're illegally street racing and trying to avoid the cops. I think it's underrated and I'm surprised to not see a thread about it here.

12. Fifty

Fifty Guest

Codemasters for sure - just because of their focus on actual racing games. Other companies seem to do a racing game as a side project and come back to it every half decade, although the newest Need for Speed was pretty awesome, I'd prefer a team that works on a continuing series every few years.

13. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

EA Sports.

14. troutski

troutski Active Member

Turn 10 Studios has my vote, and they'll keep getting my vote as long as they put out Forza games.

15. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Criterion is good, they made the Burnout series, which remains my favorite whenever I'm looking for pure speed and arcade fun. Sadly they got merged with EA to work on their later NFS titles when the NFS titles were flopping hard (NFS: Pro Street/Shift), but they managed to come out with better games thereafter (Hot Pursuit/Rivals)

Also everyone loves Nintendo, be it Pokemon or Mario Kart.

16. Cloister

Cloister New Member

Polyphony. Their Gran Turismo games are very passionately made, and I admire that a lot. I kind of wish they'd try making games OTHER than Gran Turismo, though! I feel like they'd make an excellent mech game, considering their amazing attention to detail on every car in their games.

17. TheViper

TheViper Member

Criterion would have to get my vote for the best. I actually believe they made one of the NFS games also. GT was fun to play at first but then bored me.

18. moaz13

moaz13 Member

Sega and Nintendo. They make all the fun ones, not the ones aiming for realism but the games I'd like to play with friends over.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I also like Sega because of some of their older racing games like Outrun and Crazy Taxi. I still have fun playing both of those games and I get the nostalgic warm fuzzies.

20. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Criterion used to be one of my favorite racing game devs. I guess. EA used to be at the top with the original NFS series but they have just lost my business over years of shady business practices and screwing up their series.