Who else is a minecraft fan?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tamika, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Tamika

Tamika New Member

Who else is a minecraft fan? I think the game is awesome and highly addicting.

2. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Member

Never got into it. The concept sounds like fun but when you play it you think that you something else would be more fun.

3. Nub_Cannon

Nub_Cannon New Member

Funny thing is I've never actually played Minecraft but I enjoy watching other people play it. It can be pretty entertaining.

4. Rocky55119

Rocky55119 New Member

I like playing Minecraft and watching people play it, although once I discovered GTA I have been ignoring Minecraft.

5. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

I can't stand Minecraft in my opinion it's way overrated and it's not very fun.

6. TheRev6591

TheRev6591 New Member

I managed to convince my girlfriend who didn't like video games to give Minecraft a go with me on the Xbox. After an hour or so she was hooked. We've spent easily over 400 hours on it since and it's led to her playing the complete BioShock series, the complete Fallout series, and she now enjoys playing Borderlands 2 with me.

Thanks to Minecraft I converted my girlfriend to games, and for that, I am thankful to it.

7. MedeaWakoski

MedeaWakoski New Member

I played it once and loved it, but I know if I bought I would spend ridiculous amounts of time on it and I can't afford that right now... It would have been nice if it had realistic graphics instead of blocks, too.

8. aleks4775

aleks4775 Member

I used to play Minecraft a lot. And when I say "a lot" I mean it. Played it for 2 years. Then it started to become shittier and shittier with Notch no longer working directly to on Minecraft and instead employing that loser programmer "Jeb". He spoiled Minecraft with unnecessary updates (like cats?! Wtf? Seriously?)

9. CelTek

CelTek Member

I've been playing it since alpha, but I do take long breaks sometimes. I recently got back into it though, as my girlfriend just got a laptop that can actually run Minecraft. We've set up a little server and we play together, and I show her the ropes. She used to only play creative mode, but I've taught her the appeal of survival mode. She got so excited when she found gold in a cave! And then so disappointed when she fell in lava... So some highs and lows for her :)

10. MedeaWakoski

MedeaWakoski New Member

What do you have against cats? LOL! :p

11. xlzqwerty1

xlzqwerty1 Member

Minecraft was all fun and games for a while, but it got boring really fast after you've played it for over 100 hours. It does have high replay value however, I'll give you that. I used to play it all the time with my friends and classmates when it was in beta. After a while with all the updates rolling out and progressing to an official release, the game slowly got boring and more boring. With mods, it brings new fun to the table, but even with them, the game slowly turned stale for me. Ehh, I probably don't play it much anymore but I can't say that I'm not a fan. Loved the game ever since it came out during alpha, and I will continue to support it.

12. Koffing

Koffing New Member

Oh I feel you, man. I mean, you can only play Minecraft so much. Feels kind of like Lego when I was young. You can build up anything you wish and want, depending on your materials (If you play Survival, of course.), but after awhile, it's just what it is. Sure, it was innovative for awhile but, god, it got boring. It is kind of more fun with friends though, just to fool around and build the biggest of creations and such.

13. pristine

pristine New Member

I'm a fan, but not a big fan of minecraft. I think it's a good game and all, but it doesn't really appeal to me.

14. Timeisrelative

Timeisrelative New Member

I am a Minecraft fan. I love how it resembles life in the way that you can choose to do something or you can choose to do nothing. I remember playing it since Alpha version. But I stopped playing it because my worlds crashed and I lost them. Luckily real life cant crash though. =)

15. daimashin

daimashin New Member

I know that the game is very good and is very popular but I am never interested in it. I don't like the blockiness of everything, the game looks too retro or outdated to appeal to me.

16. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

I love Minecraft, although I don't play as much as I used to. For me I love creating towns and cities. I love designing massive realistic building too and furnishing them inside. I have modded Minecraft to be able to see from further afield as my building were so large they could be seen from further than the draw distance limit.

17. Moji

Moji New Member

I enjoy Minecraft, not as much as I used to, but I still enjoy it from time to time. I am currently working on my own server and looking for builders, PM me if you're interested in that. I need GOOD builders.

18. sidney

sidney Member

I did try to play it but I was never addicted to it. The graphics look so simple for my taste.

19. Dez97

Dez97 Member

Me! I play creative mode more than anything.

20. nta6912

nta6912 New Member

I don't really like playing Minecraft, but I love watching people play. For example, Achievement Hunter is one of the funniest group of people ever. Their YT channel is LetsPlay and they have hilarious Minecraft Lets Plays and others aswell!