Who do you look up to?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Farrah, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Farrah

Farrah Member

I am going to say my grandmother. She was a strong woman that could really hold it together. SHe pulled our family through many a trauma as well as good times.

2. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

Marcus Tullius Cicero, he is truly an inspiring man, a wordsmith like no other.

I'm trying to read all his works right now in English. Soon, I'll try and read them in Latin to truly understand him.

3. Farrah

Farrah Member

Hey, the Hospital I was born in was in a town called Cicero..... its in Chicago. Thats interesting...

4. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

Cicero was one of the greatest orators of all time, if not the best. There is truly no man on Earth like him, dead or alive. I really aspire to become like him.

5. billydd

billydd Member

Seriously l look up to myself so at least that way no one can let me down.

6. x0MandyLynn0x

x0MandyLynn0x New Member

Saying your Grandmother is a sweet answer. I look up to mine a lot too, she's always been there for me. But I'd have to say who I look up the the most is my Mother. My Father left her and I, when I was only 4 years old. It was a hard time, but she did it for me. (Personal) And she raised me all by herself. Literally. And I thank her for that, because I can only imagine how hard it must be to raise a child alone. She's always been supportive of me, there for me when I needed a helping hand. And has given me her love and care. I respect her more than anyone else I know, and because of all she has done, that is why I look up to her. She's a brave woman and one of my best friends!

7. randee555

randee555 Member

I don't really have anyone I look up to. I'm a feminist and I don't really know others personally in my life who share my views or thoughts. My dad is probably the only person I can think of who can be a positive role model if I had to pick someone.

8. Dez97

Dez97 Member

My sister, and A friend of mine, they both value everything I do in life, and the way their lives are at the ages they are very controlled, and sustainable, and manageable makes me want to be just like them.

9. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I look up to a lot of people. I can't really decide on just one because that would be way too hard for me.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I look up to my grandmother as well. She was a single mother and raised my dad on her own so she really had great work ethics and it's why I value hard work so much now as an adult. It's just too bad she was too busy working to communicate much with everyone around her but I still was able to learn a lot from how she lived and how she treated me.

11. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

Everyone because I am so short. Haha! :D

12. Dez97

Dez97 Member

Both my moms are probably the ones I look up to more than anyone else in the world. They are the most strongest and wisest women I have ever known in my life.

13. Aurelia

Aurelia Member

Cicero in English? Not allowed (I'm joking with you). Cicero is to be read in Latin. His De Republica is a very good work - I enjoyed translating that. It's long, though, so I wouldn't recommend it. If you really like his orations, you might try De Archia Poeta. I believe it has.... twenty-ish pages. I can't remember correctly. It was very interesting though, with a lot of comparisons and digressions, if you like that kind of writing.

14. wulfman

wulfman Member

I look up to my mother for her morality and hard work. Also for her dedication to her family.

15. wulfman

wulfman Member

My grandmother on my mom's side interestingly enough is a horrible person but on my dad's side she is similar to my mom. She is not someone I look up to but she has that maternal instinct and will protect her family at any cost. She just kind of talks too much sometimes. :)