Which Racing Games Do You Play Online?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Denis Hard, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

From time to time you may want to play something different and the easiest way to get a game is by probably playing one of the many free online racing games and good things is there are lots of sites where you can play different racing games online. I played superbike race on gamesfreak and it was [for me] great.

If you've played some of these online racing games which ones would you recommend?

2. Susime

Susime Active Member

I play a lot of Forza online.

I have not played the latest one online but I did the previous. Racing online in Forza feels very special because you can make your own livery and every car has a different livery on it so it actually feels like you're really racing against individuals, if that makes sense? The racing is pretty fast and fun and I've had many good experiences and memories of Forza online racing.

Denis Hard likes this.
  3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Except for GTA V I haven't played any game related to racing online recently. I'm kind of busy at this point of the year so I'm trying to do my best there. :p

4. Susime

Susime Active Member

The only race I did in GTA V last year and although I won it, I don't think I won it in the most honest of ways...

At the start I lost control a little and ended up spinning out another person. Later on in the race he spins me back in revenge and a little later on in the race he tries to block me into a corner but I ended up spinning him to take the win. I feel kinda bad about that even now and I sort of wish I knew the guys gamertag so I could apologise to him haha!

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

GTA is the only one I played online as well. I focus a lot more on campaigns when it comes to racing games and I don't care as much about competing, which I know is ironic since racing is supposed to be competitive. I'd play a lot more online for a game like burnout where you can crash onto competitors but as for just finishing first I'm not too interested.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

SA:MP had some amazing custom courses that you could race on in purpose online lobbies.

One of them was this uphill one that gradually increased in gradient which also had dynamite barrels that released a load of boulders when they blew up. It was seriously entertaining. I played that track a few times and only one it once.

7. Darius

Darius Member

Usually I just play Forza Horizon 2 online but I also play some races in GTAV

8. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'm not really a fan of the Horizon 2 multiplayer but then that may be just my preference.

If it counts, I play the rivals mode A LOT and did it a lot in Horzon 2.

9. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Just like you, I also play GTA online. The game is very enjoyable when I play it online. Even now, I play it for 1-2 hours a day.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. I always think I'll get tired of it soon but somehow GTA always makes it so that it's enjoyable to play regularly no matter how much you've already accomplished in the game.

11. GenevB

GenevB Member

I've used to play there a few weeks ago, however I got bored by the gameplay and also got bored of the competition, which always seemed to be kids around 13 years old, at least that's the way I saw it. Does anybody still play that game?

12. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I was playing Need for speed World Online awhile back, but since the game had died a couple years ago, I haven't been gaming much unfortunately...

GenevB likes this.
  13. GenevB

GenevB Member

Yes, I also played it a few weeks before it died out, it's a shame, but I guess that it wasn't too much of a profit for EA, probably it would have killed their sales on NFS games too. It's such a shame that the only thing companies like EA care nowadays is how to make more money.