Which Mario cart?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by x0beka0x, Oct 15, 2013.

1. x0beka0x

x0beka0x New Member

Which Mario Cart is everyone's favorite? I have only played a couple of them, and I really enjoyed them. If you have a favorite one let me know :) Also what game console do you find best to play it on?

2. Boundless

Boundless Member

Mario Kart was one of my favorite games! As for my favourite cart it should be MK64 because of the local MP.

3. jardantuan

jardantuan New Member

Probably Mario Kart: Double Dash. It was amongst the first GameCube games I bought, and other than for Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Power Tennis, it was rarely taken out of the console for a long time. Being able to team up was good fun - my friends and I liked to hold small tournaments, usually 2v2 - Melee and Power Tennis were both like this, and naturally Double Dash was no exception.

Of course, MKWii was excellent, and MKDS was a must-have for the DS - there's no doubt in my mind that Mario Kart 8 will also be a fantastic game.

4. jcairns82

jcairns82 Member

Mario Power Tennis? I don't think I've heard that one mentioned for ages. Glad to hear that somebody enjoys it.

I'm partial to the game cube edition of Mario Kart. I found that edition provided a lot more quality that previous editions. Plus, it's the one that I still play. I never did purchase MK for Wii. Is it really that much better?

5. harshal360

harshal360 New Member

My favorite Mario Kart would be the Wii version. It was very fun with the controller. I enjoyed it so much. I love how much effort Nintendo puts into that version. The amount of cars they had was fabulous along side with the numerous characters. The maps were awesome my favorite map was the racing track. I also enjoyed the DS version of it as it was the same thing but with different controllers and the controllers were great on it as well.

6. ddrmario123

ddrmario123 New Member

My favorite Mario Kart would be the one for the Nintendo DS. It had local multiplayer support which means you could play with your friends all in the same room. In fact, you could play with about seven other people together. Also, there was the DS download play involved, which means even if your friends didn't have the game, as long as they had a DS, they could download the game and race too. The best part however, was the ability to race over Wi-Fi which meant you could race anybody in the world practically.

7. TheViper

TheViper Member

I have to go with Mario Kart 64. I'm just a classic game kinda guy and can't help but love it. I find myself comparing new games to older versions all the time.

8. goaboa

goaboa New Member

Mario kart 64 is my favorite. The battle mode is the most fun probably because of the maps or arenas. I'd say that double deck and the skyscraper are my favorites.

9. cookiemonster16

cookiemonster16 Member

My favorite is Mario Kart: Double Dash I really love just getting to open all the levels up and racing with the different characters my favorite character would have be bowser because of the power up he has, but I also enjoy racing with peach.

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I'd have to say Mario Kart Wii but I've never played Double Dash or any of the DS games. I loved the huge variety of tracks and Karts and overall thought the game was an absolute blast with 2-4 players.

11. gats

gats Member

I like Mario Kart for the SNES. I have spent hours as a kid playing that game and I still play it on occasion on emulators.

12. Wick99

Wick99 Member

The Mario Kart for the Wii is my personal favorite. It's just really fun and the graphics are a huge plus. The fact that they have classic tracks along with new ones really make it for me.

13. StarFox64

StarFox64 Member

Has to be Mario Kart 64 for the nostalgia alone. Such a great game and was THE reason the Nintendo 64 was/is my all-time favorite gaming system!

14. panderson248

panderson248 Member

As a kid I was very fond of Mario Kart 64, I played it on my couch so long that my mom got really mad at me. And in my opinion it is the best Mario Kart game of all time.

15. StarFox64

StarFox64 Member

This guy gets it! What was your favorite map? I always liked Bowser's Castle because of the risk of driving under the moving blocks :)

16. ErzaShadowalker

ErzaShadowalker New Member

Mario Kart 7 for the Nintendo 3DS, would have to be more favorite. I think in MK7 they improved on a lot of items,upgrades and stages. I love the hang-glider to hover in the air, and the motor blades to swim under the water, I think it was creatively designed and added new possibilities for better stages, not to mention you can customize your cart, which is really fun. The items in the games have also been updated, it makes the race even more intense, overall this game is wonderful.