Which GTA could you live without?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by JoanMcWench, Jun 3, 2015.

1. dc423

dc423 New Member

Agreed. I've tried to play it hundreds of times but never played more than one mission, I don't think I ever finished it. GTA V is the first GTA I've played I actually enjoy driving around in for longer than a minute.

2. duckvader

duckvader New Member

Chinatown wars, it just wasn't for me. I thought it was boring and added nothing new to the table aside from just another portable GTA. It bored me. Also GTA IV was a big miss for me but that has more to do with me caring enough to play it about 2 years ago and did not like it. All the missions sucked and the only interesting I did in it was easter egg hunting.

3. michaelrydell

michaelrydell New Member

I remember not liking the GTA London game for the PS1. I played the original GTA before that and liked it, but for some reason the London was annoying. I guess it just had a different vibe than the first one.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Maybe hate is a strong word because GTA 4 wasn't a bad game as such, for me it was just the characters that spoiled it a bit for me. There was no empathy with Nico and while I know it's not the be all and end all of a video game, it stopped it being as good as GTA V or San Andreas for me.

5. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

Probably GTA IV. The multiplayer was pretty fun for a few months, and I think that some of those game types were freaking amazing, but I didn't enjoy the story, and I felt like it was a major drop-off from San Andreas.

6. Jeff Bowles

Jeff Bowles New Member

I couldn't possibly do without a GTA from the main series. Grand Theft Auto has consistently been one of the greatest video game franchises of all time, despite all the anti-gaming hate that gets heaped upon it. I think people see the violence and drugs and crime and think kids are getting bad ideas out there from it. All Grand Theft Auto taught me was good offensive driving skills, lol.

All that said, though, GTA IV was a bit of a low point, if only because all the other games in the main series are so exceptional. I never even got to the end of IV, whereas when V originally came out on Xbox 360, I played it nonstop for like a week straight until I'd cleared the central story. :)

7. alaineman

alaineman New Member

Any GTA that has not been released on PC or console. Handheld games and apps are just not what gta has been created for.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I can live without any GTA game before GTA 3 because the first two games had that blocky pixel look and don't have the atmosphere or graphics of the PS2 GTA games.

9. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

GTA IV, the game engine was really faulty and the driving and mechanics felt clunky and forced. I found this to be extremely disappointing and the previous titles I felt were much more successful. The main character was a drag too. I never bought into the eastern protagonist.

10. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I really like GTA IV, but if I had to pick one to get out, that's the one. Vice city is a classic, San Andreas is a classic... and the V is just too good. It's hard choice. Also, the graphics in IV seem really dark overall when compared to the others.

11. JusApee

JusApee New Member

Basically, everything before Vice City. I could live without all of the series until Vice City came out, because that's where, in my opinion, the franchise got good. Even though I found GTA IV weaker than San Andreas, it still is a good one and I wouldn't let it go.

12. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Same with me. GTA V is one of the most amazing games I have ever seen. Actually, I can't live without GTA V but I can live without GTA IV.

13. krnd

krnd Member

Certainly not GTA V, the graphics and gameplay are just too good to pass on. Maybe Vice City I could live without if given a choice..

14. TheOptical

TheOptical New Member

Like others, I'm going with IV. I don't know what it was, but something felt different compared to all the other ones. I don't know if it is the story, or the mechanics but it felt off. And Roman phoning up every 5 minutes annoyed me a little, but I makes for a great joke.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but this was my least favourite.

15. jahroberts

jahroberts New Member

Nah I have to disagree with the people saying GTA IV, I loved that game! I could live without either liberty city stories/vice city. My favourites are probably GTA SA and GTA V.

16. TungstenCube

TungstenCube New Member

Vice City would be my pick. It didn't feel like there was anything revolutionary about the installment and it was just more of the same old engine. GTA V had breathtakingly new content, but Vice City just had a new locale where you could do the same old debauchery. Granted, I enjoyed the Miami atmosphere, but still.

17. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

All of the handheld games, Chinatown included, it's hard to say that they pushed the boundaries of the series in a meaningful way when every other entry has. It's just impossible to squeeze the essence of GTA's sprawling open world gameplay into a small or touchscreen experience right now.

18. Brad

Brad Member

GTA 4 for me as well. It honestly felt like it wasn't a GTA game and was poorly designed. I found that also there were too many glitches and the story was average at best.

19. justrace

justrace Member

I could live without any other GTA game except GTA 5. This game is one of the most amazing games I have ever seen. The developers did an amazing game and that is why this game is so highly rated. I would rate it ten out of ten in every aspect.

20. justrace

justrace Member

I agree with you. There was a large difference between GTA 4 and GTA 5. The fifth version impressed all the players because of the awesome interface and plot. The graphics was marvellous and the soundtrack was amazing.