Which gang did you like in Vice City?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by MisterRay97, Oct 3, 2014.

1. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

Vice City had a few gangs. The Cubans, the Haitians, the biker gang, the 'Sharks' (the gang in Prawn Island), etc. Which one did you like? I liked the Cubans. I liked their accent and the Cuban gang missions were better than the Haitian missions, in my opinion. I also liked the Cuban dressing style.

2. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

I liked the Biker gang. The Mitch guy was voiced by Lee Majors, and I think that Tommy had the best relationship with him out of all of the gangs that he teamed up with. The Haitians were my least favorite, because you had a lot of missions where you were up against them.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rowe992

Rowe992 New Member

I really hated the gangs in the game because they are so annoying. As to which gang I think was the best, I would say the Cuban gang. The biker gang were a bunch of punks. The Haitians were good too.

4. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I liked the Cuban gang. I hate the Biker gang they are annoying. I also hate Haitians too.

5. sidney

sidney Member

I can't recall or differentiate anymore the difference between the Cuban and Haitian gangs, so I guess I would have to say that I like the Biker gang the most. And like what has been mentioned, Tommy was cool with the leader of the Biker gang.

6. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

The Cuban gangs you did jobs for after meeting Umberto Robina. Auntie Poulet was with the Haitian gang and drugged/hypnotized you to complete a few missions for the Haitians.

7. sidney

sidney Member

Umberto Robina rang a bell, but I had to pause to recall Auntie Polet. I remember her now, but the hypnotized part I totally forgot that it existed, lol. I played the game way back late 2005 to June 2006. Did you play the game recently or like me it was ages ago? If if was then you got a good memory!

1 person likes this.
  8. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

I play this game pretty often. The last time I played it was maybe about 3 months ago. I love it, and have probably finished it 10 or more times.

9. sidney

sidney Member

Ah, so no wonder you can still remember Auntie Polet, I forgot all about her, but I am familiar with how she looks like when you mentioned her. So you still seem to regularly play the game. As for me, once I finish a game, it takes years for me to play it again, just like watching a movie. Do you also repeatedly play other GTA games or only Vice City?

1 person likes this.
  10. SS42A

SS42A New Member

For me, it's a tie between the Biker gang and the Cubans. Both of their leaders (Mitch Baker and Umberto Robina) have good relations with Tommy. The only difference between these two is how Tommy initially treated them. Tommy was given a test by the Bikers to see if he can handle a bike and race towards the finish line, while the Cuban relationship was cemented after the completion of Two Bit Hit. Prior to that, Tommy served as lookout for the Cubans in Guardian Angels and fought them as well in Supply and Demand.

11. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

I've finished Vice city a ton of times. The last time I played it was a few months ago, but I often get the urge to play it, and will probably play it again soon. It's the only GTA title that I repeatedly play, I just like it better than the others.

12. sidney

sidney Member

I see, are you using a pc? Have you noticed that the way Tommy walks or runs on Vice City is much more fluid than CJ's steps on San Andreas? I always wonder if it's just me or others notice and experience it as well.

13. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

I play on Xbox 360. I didn't play San Andres too much, I didn't like it, so I can't really comment on the way that he walked. I've played a few GTA games, and VC for me, was the best.

14. sidney

sidney Member

I see, I guess I should ask pc users regarding that. I also don't like GTA: SA that much, for some reason. Maybe the plot didn't appeal much to me and the music which is 90's rap isn't my type.

15. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

I don't know if it was my imagination or not, but it seems like at the beginning of the game you could drive by gangs and everything would be cool, but later on in the game it seems like the gangs that you performed the most missions against would shoot at you whenever you were driving by them. Anyone else noticed this?

16. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

I'm not sure what causes the hostility of the gangs, but I've observed that the Haitians were the most hostile towards me. I think what you say might be true.

17. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

Exactly, me too. I remember when you first encountered them, when that side of the city was unlocked, they didn't seem to do anything when you drove by, then later in the game, you wouldn't be able to pass them without them shooting at you or running up to your car and pulling you out. I think it's once you start the missions with the Cubans.

18. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

Yep. Haitians didn't bother me, but after starting the Cuban missions, they were pretty hostile. I started hating them because they were pretty annoying during free-roaming. Passing through Little Haiti became a challenge at times.

19. jbepp

jbepp Member

Definitely the Cuban gang. Their missions were awesome and their accent was pretty funny :p
    I also loved their music and their delicious girls.

20. TheViper

TheViper Member

It would have to be a toss up between the cuban gang and the biker gang. The biker gane would probably be number one because I got to ride the bike and kill cops.