Which do you prefer the story mode or online?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Alabamagrl187, Oct 10, 2014.

1. raceman998

raceman998 Member

In my opinion, the online mode is much more interesting. Do you like the online mode?

2. Beermoney

Beermoney New Member

I like playing single player mode because it has a meaningful flow to the gaming experience. However, it soon becomes boring once you get the hang of it. Then I will move on to online mode for a period of time before I go back to single player mode again. This cycle repeats until a new version comes out.

1 person likes this.
  3. presidantbj

presidantbj New Member

I personally prefer the storyline. It seems like more of an adventure and a challenge compared to the online mode. I like how you can get a reward for each time you complete something, it gives you a sense of achievement towards the final task.

4. evelin

evelin New Member

To my utmost shame, I have bought the game yet never bothered to access the online features. Sorry, pirates, most of us just have the money but don't want to bother much! :D

5. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Member

I much prefer the story mode, other online players frustrate me sometimes and I like just being able to get my head into the story.

6. JoshT

JoshT New Member

I prefer online mode compared to story mode. I feel that there is more fun to be had with friends, and new updates always being released keep it interesting.

7. justrace

justrace Member

Correct. I enjoy the online mode more than any of the other modes. It's fun to play the game with strangers and that's the speciality of the online more. I always prefer this mode.

8. justrace

justrace Member

The updates are one of many factors that make the online mode interesting. You would definitely not get all the updates in offline mode and that is one of many reason why I love the online mode.

9. Cartermj12

Cartermj12 New Member

I myself prefer The online mode because there's not always the stress of having a mission to complete in the back of your head. In online you have a lot more freedom and are not forced to sit through mission dialogue or do specific missions you might not like. That's why I prefer online mode over story.

10. Susime

Susime Active Member

I would have online mode a slightly bit more stressful than single-player. Mainly because it's a little harder to make money and you've also got other players out there trying to kill you for your money and such. Before I learned that you can bank your money from your phone, I was always nervous about trying to get to an ATM before someone attempted to kill me.

11. Westwood

Westwood New Member

Story for me. First of all I'm not that big on PvP in the first place, but I also don't have anyone to play with and playing with randoms is just like asking for a massive headache.

Now I used to have a friend to play Online with, and it was pretty fun for a while, but then it just became too repetitive to really bother with, and I switched over to other games to spend my time on.

12. Toast

Toast New Member

Both have their own merits, but I think at this point with all the expansions and such, there's more you can do online with your friends, than offline. Friends really make the multiplayer experience, you know? Playing GTA with friends are probably my experiences in gaming where I laughed the hardest, and got the most excited. Even just brawling it out with your fists can be fun and entertaining online. Don't get me wrong, there's tons to do offline too, it just feels like online these days you can do all that, and more, WITH friends. It's just such a great experience all around, going on heists, or just messing stuff up with your buds.

13. buster

buster New Member

GTA V absolutely nailed the online and partnered with arguably least interesting story of the series, I'd say I prefer online. Don't get me wrong, story mode is super fun, but in online there's just that element of unpredictability that's adrenaline inducing and so much fun that it's almost addictive.

14. AxelR

AxelR New Member

In GTA SA, I spent more time playing online (SA:MP). Role play sucked me in for more than 2 thousands hours. But in GTA V I prefer the story mode. I haven't ever played online, I just don't feel like it. Especially that I own Xbox version of the game - I'd have to pay for multiplayer, so no thanks.

15. Sosi

Sosi Member

GTа 5 in this саsе wоuld rеfеr tо thе singlе plаyеr саmpаign, whеrе yоu plаy аs Miсhаеl, Frаnklin аnd Trеvоr аnd fоllоw thе stоry.
    GTа 5 оnlinе is thе оnlinе pоrtiоn оf thе gаmе whеrе yоu сrеаtе yоur оwn сhаrасtеr аnd plаy with оthеrs, еithеr just mеssing аrоund оn thе mаp оr dоing missiоns (rаngеs frоm rасing аnd сlеаring wаvеs оf соps tо lаrgе hеists whiсh аrе mоrе similаr tо thе singlе plаyеr саmpаign) tо еаrn mоnеy sо yоu саn buy bеttеr саrs аnd wеаpоns.

16. AlexZ

AlexZ New Member

GTА5 is аn in-dеpth singlе plаyеr gаmе with а fаntаstiс stоrylinе, аnd tоns оf оvеrt, in-yоur-fасе sаtirе оf аll thаt is wrоng with thе аmеriсаn сulturе оf thе wеst соаst, аnd tо а lеssеr еxtеnt, аll аmеriсаn сulturе.
    GTА оnlinе is а vаst MMоRPG, widе аs thе pасifiс осеаn, dееp аs а lаrgе puddlе. Vеry littlе stоry, rеpеtitivе missiоns, еvеr-inсrеаsing (virtuаl) соst оf DLс соntеnt… but еvеr sо аddiсtivе. еspесiаlly if yоu hаvе а rеgulаr grоup оf friеnds tо plаy with. Dеspitе thе gаmе hаving virtuаlly nо dеpth, it hаs inсrеdiblе rеplаyаbility, аnd whilе аlmоst nоnе оf thе dооdаds аnd trinkеts аvаilаblе thrоugh DLс in thе gаmе еvеn mаttеr оnе bit, thеy соntinuаlly givе yоu аnоthеr gоаl tо аim fоr аnd I likе it!!

17. tpicks

tpicks Member

I would say I am good to go with either the story mode or the online. It somehow depends on the mode that's readily available to me.

18. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

Playing online is complicated in my region due to poor internet connection and there are very few people to play with. I've played the story mode like a dozen times and I still like it.

19. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

The story in Grand Theft Auto V is great but yeah like others I prefer the online mode much more. It's just a lot more fun online with other people and because Rockstar have released nothing interesting for singleplayer recently it means it can get boring real quick. If singleplayer just had a few things that online gets I would play it so much. But of course Rockstar would never do that because that would reduce shark card sales

20. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I have always been the person who needs to go through and do the story mode as it was intended. I just feel that this is how I should play it given that it was made this way, but I also do more free style after a while.