Which do you prefer the story mode or online?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Alabamagrl187, Oct 10, 2014.

1. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

It depends on how I'm feeling. If I feel lonely, then definitely online. If I feel like being alone, then I'd just play single player.

2. Shimus

Shimus New Member

Burt, you're pretty much like I am. If I'm bored (and I am usually) it's multiplayer for me. I used to just zoom around for hours in my cheetah for fun.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Well I've played the story mode through twice now, still can't get anywhere near 100% by the way, and that's even with the official guide!

This story mode definitely has more playability than other games that are similar as I'm thinking about starting it again and working my through again.

At the moment though it's the online mode that I'm hooked on, even when I'm not doing missions I like to just cruise around, there's always new things that you haven't seen before.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

Is the game really that hard to 100%? I did it, but I don't remember how long that actually took me. It is an expansive game, though, so it wouldn't surprise me if 100% is a tough thing to come by.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I've found that completing all the missions is one thing, it's all the side missions and hidden content that I found was the hardest part for me.

I'm also not sure if to get 100% you have to get all the to get all the trophies in the game that's available as well. It is probably one of the biggest games to be released on a console so as challenges go I think it is pretty tricky.

Not that that's a complaint, I think a lot of games these days, once you've completed them there isn't many reasons to go back and carry on playing, with GTAV, or any GTA for that matter, I think a lot of people will carry on playing well after they've completed it.

You certainly get value for money anyway.

6. Briggs

Briggs New Member

I prefer story mode. If you get in the room with certain people it can ruin the game. Inalsonlokenthat story mode has a point. Sometimes it feels like the only point to online is to drive around and kill people

7. Shimus

Shimus New Member

The point of any online game is to accrue as much revenue as possible. Own everything. Play everything. Run every custom mission. Design your own. There's so much potential. If you feel it's only to drive and kill you simply lack imagination and wish your story to be spoonfed to you, like Go to Objective X, Collect Objective Z. Etc.

8. Jonjon

Jonjon New Member

Story mode is better when you are doing a campaign. Then when you have completed the campaign on line mode is better. I like doing different games online with friends. My friends ask me to go online with them and challenge them on missions which is fun. Sometimes, though my friends want to play for longer than I wish to, so it can get tiring! Overall though I prefer on line mode.

9. duckvader

duckvader New Member

Online is neat but I'd rather play single player for now.

10. TheViper

TheViper Member

I'm a story kind of guy and so when you ask me if I want to buy a game with a great plot or awesome action. I will always go with the story because that it what sells me into the game play.

11. tibz1337

tibz1337 New Member

The story was great. Immersive, interesting, all around a 10/10 from me. After you finish all the missions, there isn't a whole lot to do. I mean sure, the Strangers & Freaks missions and what not, but personally I did them when I was going through the story. Online is soo good after you finish the game.
    It happens before the main actions of GTA V and you can find out things about characters in the story line.

12. Shimus

Shimus New Member

Still sticking with online, after really dedicating myself to the story mode I enjoyed it as much as some previous folks, but ever since I was a wee lad all I like is Online interactions with other people. Single player always gets to me after awhile. Gotta race someone. Kill someone else as a bounty (online RED dots hehehe), but generally just doing things WITH or AGAINST other real people. It's that thrill you can't get from doing the same thing in a coded world where it's all just text with no impact.

13. Marie Howard

Marie Howard New Member

I will finish the story mode twice or thrice and then I will move to online mode.

14. duckvader

duckvader New Member

I guess the heist missions are fun online but the fun dies out for me pretty quick after a while. I just don't feel like GTA Online is worth the time investment if you are only a casual player. I could give it another chance in the future but I don't have the time for it right now.

Poop.

Despite all this I do deep down inside feel like I'm missing out on something really interesting.

15. Shimus

Shimus New Member

You ARE missing out, but like I was missing out on Storyline and after reading some posts here, I gave it another go and I find myself immensely enjoying it.

I think you should give online another another shot. You don't have to invest the time needed in like say an MMO RPG or something like that - you can pop on, check apartments, run some car missions, maybe run some player generated quests or races, and then go back home or just murder Pedestrians with friends. Plenty of stuff to do for casual folks, like yourself. It's no reason to not give it a serious go :D

16. Susime

Susime Active Member

I dabbled a little with online mode when Xbox Live had that free Gold weekend thing in summer last year. I did a few of the missions then just started messing around, trying to sell cars to the chop shop and driving cars off of a ramp into the sea. So I found it to be a bit like doing what I do in single player mode but with other people around.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I love the story mode in all the GTA games, especially GTA V and San Andreas. I'm not very social so I don't play online a lot. As a woman with a feminine XBox Live ID, I don't want to be targeted for harassment so I play offline.

18. DDB

DDB New Member

For me? I absolutely love the online mode! Story mode for me is boring! The only fun I have in story mode is running over pedestrians! I think we can all admit that running people over is the only way to go in either mode! I'm going to be honest right now, I still haven't beaten campaign because I'm so busy running from the cops! I hate following objectives, and that's what makes online the better choice for me; The freedom is superior! ;)

19. Shimus

Shimus New Member

Freedom is superior and that's what draws me. I took the fastest cars up the most insane mountains and stuff because I wanted to test their durability, speeds, and how well they could offroad before sticking them in my garage. The person who just takes vehicles and stores them will never understand this; I NEED SUPERIORITY in every CATEGORY! *raises a flag*

20. Sheggy6

Sheggy6 New Member

Buying GTA V for the story mode is like buying Battlefield for Story Mode these days.

But in all honesty, Story Mode/Single Player has always had a wider variety of features in the GTA franchise, so I can understand it when people would prefer their single-player experience in comparison to their multiplayer experience.