Which do you prefer the story mode or online?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Alabamagrl187, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Alabamagrl187

Alabamagrl187 New Member

I myself prefer the online mode better, I played the story long enough to be able to play online and that's what I've been playing on ever since, and that was over a year ago. So which do you prefer?

2. spectre456

spectre456 Member

It really depends on how far along in the story I am. I've beaten the story twice, and while I am doing missions and following the story I have no desire to go into GTA Online. Once I'm done with the story I prefer GTA Online and I have played an insane amount of hours of it.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

GTA Online is far more enjoyable than the story because it lasts longer and you can do far more. You're going to get more laugh out loud and awesome moments playing with friends or strangers too.

4. Alabamagrl187

Alabamagrl187 New Member

I know that's what I think I love playing online with friends and strangers also, me and my husband have 2 tv's and 2 x boxes that we play online with.

5. Valentino

Valentino New Member

I've actually never played online mode yet :( I'm waiting to get in touch with some friends so I can try it out with them instead!

6. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Well, right now I prefer the online because I've already finished the story, but overall the main story is much better than the online, I'd love to be play it again for the first time.

7. Goat of Departure

Goat of Departure New Member

I've been playing GTA single player all my life so I'm kind of bored with it to be honest so I'm really loving the online feature, be it a bit iffy in some ways.

Also it's more fun to play GTA when you have a friend and some other guys trying to help out or be nuisance. Playing the single player missions alone is really lonesome and gives you that feeling that your just wasting time and not having that much fun (at least in my part that happens)

8. Chense

Chense New Member

I love being online due to the fact that i can annoy my friends :)

9. gats

gats Member

Although I do enjoy online games, I prefer to play story mode for games like GTA or most console games for that matter. To me, GTA does not seem like the genre I can compete with friends all day.

10. Brem

Brem Member

I got way too bored with the online mode compared to the story mode. Both has their pros and cons, but with the story mode there's more to it. Yeah in online mode I can team up with friends, do missions (not really big ones) and just have fun doing death matches and such, but the main story is where the juice is. It's where I'd rather be.

Don't get me wrong, the online mode was fun for a while, but it just couldn't keep me interested for too long, just way too repetitive and it got way too boring fast. Maybe I just played GTA games too much in the past and GTA Online just feels like what I used to do with past GTA games.

11. moaz13

moaz13 Member

Story. Online has been a terrible unbalanced grind for money and it's unbelievably tiresome and boring.

12. js85

js85 New Member

I think they both have a time and place. Sometimes I like relaxing by myself and causing havoc (or playing the story), and other times I want to hop on and be collaborative. They're both good for different situations/moods :)

13. Jafool

Jafool New Member

It's like pretty much every game that has both a singleplayer and an online mode to me. I played through the singleplayer and it was amazing. But after I was more or less 100% finished with it, I moved on. Nothing more to do here.

Now, of course the online mode can get boring and sure I could feel finished with online as well, but it's going to take longer. Not to mention, new content comes out for online so there's that.

14. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I prefer the story mode than online mode. I play first the story mode until I complete it and play some online mode. On most of the games I played I prefer story mode.

15. troutski

troutski Active Member

At this point, I think people that prefer Story over GTA Online are just delusional considering how much content is avialable online.

16. xHysteria

xHysteria New Member

I really prefer the story mode because it's full of comedy, laughter and other whatnots. Of course the online gameplay with real people it's more funnier, but I would just stick to the main gameplay.

17. Shimus

Shimus New Member

I've owned the game since it released for the 360. Played it religiously. Owned everything I wanted to own, played all the missions I wanted to play.

Then I realized something. I had never, not even once, tried the story mode. I had existed entirely online because there are just soooo many things to do you literally can never run out. And with all the free map mods and editors, there are so many self-made missions to go through. I never even scratched the surface before I left - but that's why I prefer Online.

I guess I could get laughs and comedy. But I make my laughs and comedy online by driving by other players and sticky-bombing them from my window. And driving away as they think they've escaped. And smile, and grin inside as well, as the explosion can be heard down the street. That's my type of comedy.

18. alexandriadb

alexandriadb New Member

It really depends on how I am feeling that day, both are fun to me in different ways! I like playing the story mode because it is always a priority for me to see how the story unfolds and to get to know the main characters a little better. I honestly just wish that the story for GTA V would of been longer, it seemed to me very short and restricted to me. Now, don't get me wrong the story mode is FUN but I just wish there was a little more to it.
    I heard though, that there will be some add ons, hopefully those will bring us, the players, more missions that deal with the main story.

Usually when I play online it is because there is nothing else for me to do in story mode. I enjoy the creativity, freedom, and missions available to me online. I enjoy being able to talk to other players through the headset online, we know that interaction is usually hilarious haha.
    But yes, both are fun and interesting in their own ways!

19. gadin210

gadin210 New Member

I prefer story mode. That what tells what the game is about and it is linear where you can accomplish things and be rewarded (achievements) and enjoy what the game is written for

20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I like the online mode better. You can do so much stuff while you're there and I like that you can socialize with a lot of people.
    The online game mode is awesome in GTA V