What's your favourite movie genre?

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by billydd, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Chaos

Chaos Member

Depends on my mood in that moment, I usually enjoy watching crime-drama or comedy movies. If I had to choose just one genre I would say that gangster (crime) movies are my favorites. Movies like Godfather, Scarface or Gangster Squad.
    [​IMG]

2. randee555

randee555 Member

I agree with comedy. I don't mind watching any type of movie because I try to give anything a chance but there's something about a good ol' leg slapper! It really does take you away and can change your mood from sad to happy.

3. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

I'm really just a comedy guy. Whenever my TV is on I have comedy central on the go and the rest of the time I like to watch funny movies.

4. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

My favorite movie genre is Comedy, just because it is almost always entertaining. I use to be a big Action and Adventure movie type of guy until I got older and started to bore easy when watching them. Now I like Comedy, Horror and Action.

5. Oakster

Oakster Member

My favorite genre is generally Sci-Fi or Sci-Fi/Adventure.

Another kind of movies I like is heist movies, even if it's just the bit at the beginning of Batman with the Joker bank heist.

6. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I usually watch random movies irrespective of any genre or language. Last one I saw was Don Jon and I am planning on watching Frozen today.

7. Oakster

Oakster Member

Speaking of Frozen, is it me or has the animation genre really stepped up the game over the last decade or so?
    When I was growing up cartoons were considered for kids, but nowadays even adults love movies like Up and How to Train your Dragon.

8. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I like animated movies. But Frozen was kind of a cliched movie. Up was one of a kind. I should watch it again :).

9. Oakster

Oakster Member

What others do you think were good?
    Besides the ones I mentioned, I also liked Wall-E.

10. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I love Indie films. The new wave of Indie films is so great. There are many new and interesting movies coming out every week. I hope you agree with me!

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I like action, comedy, drama, and quirky modern stories. I dislike Westerns and slasher movies most of all, but I can still find certain exceptions as long as the movie is done right.

12. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Mystery, Thriller and action are some of my most favorite movie genres. Comedy, on the other hand, is not y cup of tea. Sorry folks!

13. NickJ

NickJ Member

Horror. It gets my adrenaline pumping, and has interesting storylines. Lately though, the possessed baby and remake horror flicks are starting to get on my nerves somewhat.

14. camsdad

camsdad New Member

I'd say it's a tie between Horror and Action. Anything that will freak me out, or make me want to be a bad ass. A close runner up is independent comedies.

15. Aurelia

Aurelia Member

I like almost anything. I can enjoy a good comedy as much as an action movie or thriller, if there's quality in it. I just can't stand meaningless action or badly constructed plots - they can never hold my attention for too long. I also don't like ''gloomy'' movies - that's how I call those movies which don't have any vibrant colours and look as if they'd been shot with an ordinary camera. I'd had a fair share of those and I don't think I could enjoy the story because of the atmosphere which kept annoying me.

16. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

To me, if I want to see a high class and amazing movie, it would be drama, because that's where all the solid and extremely talented acting is held at. Of course, there are some amazing acting in comedies as well. Dramas is the genre I want to watch when I'm in the mood for some amazing content but when I'm with my buddies or I just want to have a good time and relieve some stress, I love watching a comedy. Superbad is probably one of my favorites just because of the amazing comedic chemistry between Jonah Hill and Michael Cera. That is some great chemistry between some funny comedic leads.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I love horror movies too, but I'm more in favor of the psychological thrillers than slasher type movies. I just find those a bit too lazy even though I realize they do still require some skill to make.

18. Aurelia

Aurelia Member

You might like Flightplan then - with Jodie Foster. Many critics rate it as action, drama, mystery, thriller, but I believe it's mostly psychological thriller, because it focuses on one individual and her mental state - a woman whose daughter is kidnapped during a flight and no one believes her. It made me wonder and at times, I myself wasn't certain whether she was crazy or not. I mean, she seems sane, but the implications made by other characters make you wonder. You start questioning things. You've seen her with her daughter in the beginning of a movie, true, but who says it wasn't made to match the perspective of a mad woman? I enjoyed this one very much. Have you watched it perchance?

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it but I actually have been meaning to. Though I admit there's been so many on my queue that it has gotten buried so thank you very much for reminding me. I will be checking this out very soon then. :) I do love these kinds of movies especially these types that are blockbuster types but somehow get forgotten.

20. wulfman

wulfman Member

I can't stand blood and gore horror flicks. Leave me feeling revolted and they have little or no plot to them.