What were your first thoughts on seeing/playing vice city for the first time?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by Rowe992, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Luckeylad

Luckeylad New Member

Vice City was the first GTA game I played. So it was all new to me. Loved the fact I can fight, shoot, drive vehicles and fly helicopters all in one game.
    It was an amazing experience I was totally addicted to it.

2. TheViper

TheViper Member

I think like most people who first played a GTA game. "I wonder if I can get a prostitute?".

Needless to say of course that you can. Though, not as expletive as the newer games.

3. rightct

rightct New Member

For that time, I thought that the graphics it had were truly amazing, as nothing from that time could've really surpassed the quality of VC. Also the humor, and the fact that you could drive those shopping carts, xD.

4. HornedDemoN

HornedDemoN New Member

I was amazed by the graphics and the freedom I had to just drive around a virtual city. And beating people up - boy, that was spectacular. And stealing people's money after beating them up! Woah!

But seriously, the game delivered in pretty much every aspect. Pleasant to look at, incredibly fun, great 80s music... the list goes on.

5. SS42A

SS42A New Member

When I first played VC, the first thing that came to my mind is the ambience of the game. It is best defined in the first mission of the game, "The Party." The combination of the song, Out of Touch, together with the festive mood of Col. Cortez's party, up the beginning of a great game.

6. arghyadeep

arghyadeep New Member

I was really very excited on playing GTA Vice City for the first time on my computer. I was gifted this wonderful game from my brother on my 15th birthday.

GTA Vice City was mine first 3D game in which we can do anything. I still have this game installed on my computer. :)

7. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Vice City was great because the setting was old school Miami. The previous GTA games were in modern times. It was the second GTA game on the PS2 and the graphics and world was just phenomenal.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

On the run up to the game coming out, I remember there being a lot of hype around GTA vice city, and I hoped it wouldn't be a let down.

With that in mind, and me expecting the worst, I was relieved that it was as good as it was, and right from the start it was a game I loved and played none stop for at least a few months.

9. JusApee

JusApee New Member

My first impression was: "OH MY GOD!! Mom, look, I can do whatever I want in this game!!" Then I killed 2 guys and my mom said that it's a stupid game and that I shouldn't play it anymore. Vice City was the first GTA I've played and it got me into the GTA Universe. I loved it from the first time I've played it.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

You mean your mom wasn't impressed with your new found skills as a murderer? Haha!

Seriously though, I think Vice City is the game that a lot of people sat up and actually started to take note of the series, and saw how much potential it had.

11. moneyman

moneyman New Member

The first time I played GTA Vice City at my friend's place I thought that it is the greatest game off all times. There were so much to do in the game and I could have spent hours a day playing it. In addition it has the best music tracks in the Grand theft auto series.

12. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

It was easily one of the best games that was created back then, I couldn't believe the graphics it had and the missions were so much fun and the city had so much to explore and buy. Well, this was before san andreas came out.

13. Smokey

Smokey New Member

I remember when this game came out. I was 12, a friend of mine had it and was telling me about it. I had GTA 3 at the time and loved it but getting my hands on VIce City was a bit more difficult because upon it's release, it was sold out everywhere. I remember having to get a friend of mine to purchase it for me because he called me one day and told me he found two copies at a local game store, so he picked up a copy for himself and one for me and I had to pay him back. I remember the first time I popped the game into my PS2 and was completely blown away by the graphics and the way the game looked. All the new stuff you were able to do that you weren't able to do in GTA 3 like swim, shoot out windshields on cars, shoot out car windows and physically enter buildings. It was a whole new experience for me and to this day, Vice City remains my favorite GTA game with GTA 3 coming in at a close 2nd. No other GTA titles have captured my attention like Vice City did. Me and my cousin sank hours into that game.

14. krnd

krnd Member

I think it was one of my first 'free roam' experiences, so I had a lot of fun even though I had no idea how to go about a game where I did not feel forced to "completing" something. I spent a lot of time stealing a lot of cars and trying to get a bike.

I remember I spent maybe a week cruising when I found out I was able to take on some boats as well, it was truly an amazing experience for someone that hadn't played any game that gives you so much freedom to waste time with.

1 person likes this.
  15. Sosi

Sosi Member

Thеsе аrе sоmе оf my fаvоritе mоmеnts/things in Viсе сity.
    соmplеting thе Phnоm Pеnh '86 missiоn tо gаin ассеss tо аll plасеs.
    асquiring Diаz's mаnsiоn.
    Driving аrоund in саrs аnd bikеs аimlеssly.
    Tаunting thе pоliсе fоr highеr wаntеd lеvеls, fighting thе pоliсе rеinfоrсеmеnts, S.W.а.T, FBI аnd Militаry mеn hеаd оn аs if it's а wаr.
    соmplеting thе Firе Fightеr missiоn tо bесоmе firе prооf

16. Haroon

Haroon New Member

This game was just awesome and interesting when I saw it for the first time.Its graphics were very interesting and amazing.I was too impressed by its missions and many other vehicles.I was very glad to listen the radio station in a game when I played it for the first time.

17. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

One of my first thoughts was "Oh my God... This game is crazy!". I remember the first time I played it I was very impressed (positively speaking :)).

18. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Well this made me laugh because I am not that I remember what I was thinking, but I do recall my older sister questioning whether or not the game was meant for kids. I think I had to wiggle my way out of that one.

19. overcast

overcast Member

When I first played it I was like this is chaos. And things are random with no specific way to do it. And though it was not my first GTA game. The graphics was something impressed me a lot. I'd say on that basis, GTA was lot better.