What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon??

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by randee555, Jan 13, 2014.

1. randee555

randee555 Member

I loved the weekends as a kid and I really loved Saturday mornings. My brother and I would get up early, grab our blankets and a bowl of cereal and sit in the floor in the living room and watch cartoons. We watched everything from Winnie the Pooh to Looney Toons, to Cowboys of Moo Mesa and Pepper Ann. There are way too many to name!!! What were some of your favorites??

2. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

Mine was Ed, Edd and Eddy.

I was also a big fan of recess!

3. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

The baby looney toons, I prefered that show to the actual LTs, much funnier by my kid standards. Also Pink Panther was fantastic, can't decide which one was better...

4. randee555

randee555 Member

I liked Recess too!!!

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Recess was one of my favorites too, even though I initially though it would be lame and corny. After I watched one episode, I found out how wrong I was since the characters and plots were very interesting. It wasn't the type of cartoon that made me feel compelled to watch each episode of though. I just kind of watched it whenever I caught it, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

6. NickJ

NickJ Member

Darkwing Duck. Fun, epic, entertaining show.

7. camsdad

camsdad New Member

Every week I couldn't wait to see the new Yugioh. I think I switched back and forth a lot between Fox Kids, and Kid's WB. ABC's 1 Saturday morning had a pretty good block as well.

8. NickJ

NickJ Member

I remember ABC 1 Saturday morning. It was awesome... good times.

9. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

School House Rock!

10. wulfman

wulfman Member

Saturday was a day for cartoons for me back when I was young. Certain cartoons were must see for me like TMNT and Ducktales. I liked Winnie the Pooh and Looney Tunes also. At least a couple of hours were spent in the morning watching cartoons when I was small.

11. wulfman

wulfman Member

Those days I used to wake up early so I would not miss any of my favorite shows. Most of the good ones were earlier in the morning. Waking up early on Saturday to watch TV. My oh my the things we do when we are children !

12. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Member

I use to watch captain planet, and X-men every Saturday. It was fun times on Saturdays. I would be mad when it was over and I had to wait a whole week to watch my favorite shows again.

13. wulfman

wulfman Member

HA! I remember that. It used to be only 10-15 minutes long right. It was actually in between two cartoons.

14. wulfman

wulfman Member

Yes X-men was another one of my favorites. Also Superman and Batman.

15. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I love Ed, Edd and Eddy too.

16. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

I didn't know if this is considered a Saturday morning cartoon, but I loved the old Cartoon Network cartoons, the ones that were a bit odd and almost sort of bizarre and surreal for kids. Cartoons like Courage The Cowardly Dog was awesome along with cartoons like Misadventures With Billy and Mandy, that show was off it's rocker but in the awesome sort of way. It was scary, weird and maybe too much for kids but it was also so captivating, the surreal style it portrayed. We don't have cartoons like that anymore sadly.

17. Max007

Max007 New Member

I loved watching Ed,Eddie N Eddy and I still do. That show is just so entertaining to watch. My Favorite Character if I had to pick one is Ed. It's funny hearing the words that come out of his mouth. He seems to like gravy and butter toast. He may not be the smartest, but he is one of the most entertaining characters on the show.

18. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 New Member

The original Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. I remember watching them while we ate breakfast. I remember my brother, who is 15 years older than I am, laughing at the cartoon. That is a good memory.

19. peelout247

peelout247 Member

I remember Winnie The Poo and it still gives me nice memories when ever I see anything involved with him. It just surprises me about the controversy that emerged from that show. Besides that I enjoyed the X Men and Spider Man shows mostly. When I was bored I'd catch up on Xena and Herc in the after noon.

20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Saturday morning cartoons were heaven, probably one of my favorite days when I was a kid. I remember getting some snacks and a blanket from my bedroom and just going to town on the TV. I only had Cartoon Network at the time so I spent a lot of time watching cartoons like Ed, Edd and Eddy, Kids Next Door, Cow and Chicken and the list goes on and on.