What Was The First Smartphone Game You Ever Played?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Wubwub, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think the first smartphone game I ever played was probably Angry Birds. It was the start of the smartphone boom, and hardly anyone had one yet, not to mention there probably weren't many games out yet at the time, but my brother bought one and I played Angry Birds on it all day. What was your first smartphone game?

2. xdratx1

xdratx1 New Member

Definitely Angry Birds. When I got my first smart phone, Angry Birds was kind of the top thing although I find it quite boring now.

3. hempwick

hempwick New Member

The first game that I downloaded and played was 'Just 2 Words'. It's a puzzle game where you have to guess the 2 words with assosciated pictures as clues. It's quite addictive, but I suppose not for everyone. I then got Angry Birds: Star Wars Edition. It's pretty cool, although I haven't bothered with it for ages.

4. crafftyshark

crafftyshark New Member

A uncommon game is cube runner, it is an arrow racing in-between cubes and it counts how many you passed. It is old but it so much fun. I recommend this one for you. An oldie but a Goodie as they say :)

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't know how it still maintains its momentum, especially seeing as they are even being ported onto the latest home consoles. Admittedly, however, I've never played said versions, so maybe they are offering something new that I have not yet seen.

6. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

The very first smartphone that I had was the Samsung Galaxy Y. It had a pre-installed game called Fruit Slice. It featured fruits getting tossed on the screen and you had to swipe your fingers in order to slice them. It was the very first smartphone game that I have played. I still have it in my phone. Though it's simple, it's kinda addicting.

[​IMG]

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I think it was an emulator on my phone actually. For Super Nintendo. I loved being able to bring a snes game anywhere. It's hard to play certain games on touchscreen though. I need to get one of those phone controllers.

8. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Whoa, an emulator as your first game on your smartphone? Really? You went through the trouble of installing first an emulator then downloading roms and storing it in your device rather than downloading a simple mobile game straight up?

9. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I think it was Doodle Jump. I bought it because they mentioned how fun it was on Big Bang Theory. It was awful and I regret it.

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Yeah, It's why I got a smartphone in the first place. Portable SNES RPG's? Yes please!

11. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Haha, yeah. I'm gonna go off topic a little here but I do have a lot of emulators installed on my smartphone too. Playing games of old consoles on the go is really awesome. My only gripe is that the controls are horrible because they were not really programmed to be played on touch screen devices.

12. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Yeah it's pretty awesome but RPG's are almost the only thing you can play well on a phone because of the reaction time required of any other genre.

13. rossonomous

rossonomous Member

It was Angry Birds for me too. Such a fantastic game at the time.A little repetitive after you've completed it though..

14. Poynt

Poynt Member

When I was 12 years old I think the first game i've ever played was Super Mario on an Emulator. Didn't know why I chose to play mario.

15. randee555

randee555 Member

The first game I ever played on a smartphone was Angry Birds. It was super popular and was all everyone was talking about. I really enjoyed it, the whole experience was so cool especially coming from using a flip phone. I played for the longest time and didn't want it to end. I was just so amazed at how far mobile technology has come.

16. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

Angry Birds was the first smartphone game I ever played. I got hooked just like everyone else, playing it non-stop for about a month. I've only been hooked that way by a few other games, like Plants vs. Zombies, since. I think Rovio just struck gold with Angry Birds.

17. orz

orz Member

Either the very first, original Angry Birds or Doodle Jump. Had a ton of fun with both, back in the days before iPhones were only becoming mainstream and everyone was still on iTouches.

18. Wick99

Wick99 Member

Angry Birds. It's really fun and addicting for someone not quite used to mobile games like that. It's a fun time.

19. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I can't remember the first smartphone game I played . It was probably Jetpack Joyride. Which is a pretty entertaining game, that is older as well.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Haha! This is probably the second or third game I ever played on a smartphone, and yes, I agree it got very addictive. I don't really know whaat made it very addictive, though, and now that games have become a lot more complex, I am a lot more perplexed by it, but I do remember having a lot of fun with it.