What makes Gran Turismo unique?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Ghost Rider, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

A lot of racing games have been released throughout the years and Gran Turismo is one of them. A lot of people have raved about the Gran Turismo series. It's a fun racing game. But, what factor or factors make it unique? What separates it from the other racing games sold in the market?

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

It's focus on professional races, solid handling, GOOD wheel support, pretty decent soundtrack, GRAPHICS and car list. It's got alot going for it and it's honestly my personal favorite simcade game of the big 2.

3. cyberpinoy

cyberpinoy Member

For anyone wh has raced in real life with modified vehicles, and played the game itself, they will all tell you the same thing. the best thing about this game is its precise ability to mimic real life driving experiences. For sure if you know how to race in real life and can fidget your fingers enough you can be very good at this game. the research they put into making this game as life like as possible had to be crazy, because its just like you were driving a real car.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think it's just very realistic as it's what I heard from my friends. I personally am not that interested in realism though so I've always just seen it as another racing game since I cannot personally appreciate the subtle details of it.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Grand Turismo did become the best selling game for the original PlayStation console beating out Final Fantasy 7. Grand Turismo used speedometers modeled after those in real cars, forcing gamers to focus on their speed and gear changes. Just like in real racing, there was a complex rhythm needed to excel, and gamers had to spend hours of gameplay to achieve it.