What keeps you from getting 100%?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by dannygloveloverer, May 29, 2015.

1. dannygloveloverer

dannygloveloverer New Member

For me, it's the stunt jumps. Always the stunt jumps.

As I typed in another thread, I am a perfectionist, to the point that I will not cheat, or look at online maps. It's a real pain trying to do Nico's car theft text missions in GTA IV, where you have to know the area by sight where the car is.... It took me a long freaking time, let me tell you.

Anyways, enough about me. What keeps you from finishing, and what game are you working on?

You people that got 100%? Get outta here, you disgust me.

2. canineartist

canineartist New Member

I tried getting 100% in San Andreas. Couldn't do it. Not even with tutorials and maps. I just don't have the patience and skill. And to think there are people speed running it for 100%.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I don't think I've ever got 100% completion either to be honest. I do start off trying g to but then after a while I tend to get bored or side tracked so I never get close.

Especially with a game the size of GTA, I doubt many people will be able to say they have got 100%?

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I never bothered to get 100% since I don't see the point. I'm having much more fun messing around in the game rather than trying to make everything perfect.

5. sidney

sidney Member

I also haven't bothered completing the game to 100% because I tend to get bored completing the side missions, so as soon as I have finished the mission I move on to other games.

6. raceman998

raceman998 Member

You can reach hundred percent by practising. You need to increase the sharpness of your skills.

7. raceman998

raceman998 Member

You find it boring? Well, I don't think that GTA is boring! Why do you think that it's boring?

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I also wouldn't say that the word boring could be used to describe GTA either, as Rockstar have gone to a lot of effort to try and make sure that the missions are as varied as possible.

With GTA V especially, having 3 main characters to choose from make this game even more varied than the last one, with more missions than we've seen in all the others.

9. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I don't think I've ever gotten 100% on a GTA game. By the time you finish the game the things required to do it become more tedious than fun. I usually try to do as much as I can before the final mission and whatever is left undone is probably going to stay that way.

1 person likes this.
  10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Some of the things you have to do, are a little tedious I agree with you there,,but at the same time I think that most people that have got that far will carry on and get them done.

Personally I couldn't sleep at night if I'd completed 98% of the game but didn't do the rest simply because I was getting bored with it.

11. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

I'm not even close on IV or V, I'm too easily distracted by the world to ever bother to get the achievement. Plus I have previously had a bad experience, with over a 99% completion on Red Dead Redemption that I could never finish due to glitch (I assume). I spent weeks trying to get the final tenth or so of a percent and I could never find what I had missed.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

From my knowledge though, there are a number of people that's managed to get 100% completion on the GTA games, so I wouldn't let your bad experience with RDR put you off trying if you get the chance.

13. sidney

sidney Member

I used to enjoy doing the missions, but for the side missions, they seem monotonous, so I don't bother completing the game 100%.

14. raceman998

raceman998 Member

That's the reason. Now, I understood.

15. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Well, try to find it out. Achieving the 100 is really an amazing thing.

16. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Can you give some tips to increase the skills?

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I don't think that there are any cheats or tips as such when it comes to developing your skills, as the more you play the game, your characters various skill levels go up slowly anyway.

18. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

To be honest, it's the collectibles. 100 spray tags, 50 horseshoes, 50 oysters, these things are TOO MANY to find, and most of them are in ridiculous places that you can't even go to normally. It's just a way of the game to make itself longer for the gamer, and it's really annoying, and you have to do it to get the 100% and to get other bonuses as well. Without internet guides, I would never have enough patience to finish these.

19. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

I guess the reason I don't get 100% is that I really don't see it as worth it. If I get at least an 80% or above I am usually happy, even as low as a 75%.

20. overcast

overcast Member

Nobody I know got that 100%. There are some people but those are kind of rare among this side of the side.