What keeps you entertained by a Grand Theft Auto videogame?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by msreebaybay, Jan 9, 2014.

1. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I think the best part about Grand Theft Auto to me, is the storyline that they have. I love playing Grand Theft Auto games, because they are always interesting and they keep me entertained the whole way through.

2. daimashin

daimashin New Member

For me it's the freedom to run amok. Sometimes I get really stressed from everyday work and needed a way to relieve stress. I'll hop on the game and start a killing spree. When I'm satisfied and feel better, I'll let the cops kill me. Best entertainment for stress relieve.

3. sidd230

sidd230 Member

Mindlessly mowing down pedestrians and what not. I o on rampages throughout the city and imagine what news would be reporting.

"Man steal military helicopter and drops trucks on civilians"

4. cookiemonster16

cookiemonster16 Member

For me its just the great storyline and the missions are always the best part about the game that keep playing and interested. I really enjoy getting to complete missions and finding out what I have to do next it keeps me wondering and I like how I can just enjoy the game when I want to take a break from missions and just drive around.

5. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

For me overall I would say some of the GTA titles I felt the story was lacking a bit and expected a little more, but my enjoyment comes from blowing stuff up!

6. dapapas

dapapas New Member

For me it is ability to go anywhere and do anything you wish. I love that there are cheat codes. It makes it so much more fun.
    How am i going to get into this military base?!? I know! I'll just spawn a plane and parachute!

7. charlesfrench

charlesfrench New Member

The huge map and the endless things you can do are the reason why I'm constantly entertained by GTAV. I never run out of missions to complete or cars to blow up and there's always something new I can try. Between the game mode and online mode there are hundreds of hours of entertainment. It's even fun just to steal cars and drive around to cause ruckus. What a great game.

8. DallasFan

DallasFan New Member

The online and uniqueness to it keeps me entertained. There are so many things you can do on GTA Online that are not possible on any other games.

9. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

When I'm bored of missions I'll just steal a car and go on a murderous rampage. Afterwards I would go on top of a building and shoot my bazooka at the police. 2-3 minutes later the SWATs are here with their loud as hell helicopters. I almost certainly die during this, but it's always good to see how long I survived

10. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

When I was younger, I didn't care about the story at all, I just loved the idea of a city and being able to do whatever I wanted. But now I love the story and I just rush it.

11. Qoelet

Qoelet New Member

The fact that even when you're 'done', completing the storyline missions, you're still not done; there are still hundreds of hours of little side missions, stunt jumps, myths and mysteries to solve and, of course, the free roam to pretty much explore, shoot, kill and roam.

Even when you get to 100% - thinking everything is done - it isn't because this then opens up the UFO mysteries and a potential jetpack to find...!

The size of the map and the detail in the world mean that you can literally turn it on with no clear aim and still be entertained for an hour or so as you walk around and pedestrians interact with you.

12. compl3xx

compl3xx New Member

I really like the freedom in GTA games. You can do whatever you want, and the environments are so large and full of so many different things to do and places to go. The storylines and quests are also usually pretty engaging, especially in V.

13. Valentino

Valentino New Member

I've always loved the games because there seems to be an endless amount of things you can do, especially in GTA5. You can go exploring and discover new things, do the main story mission, side missions, races, or just plain cause chaos :p There's always something to do so it keeps it fresh and fun!

14. sos

sos New Member

The missions,the storyline and the side missions are what keep me glued to the game.I think the freedom also plays a part.

15. swagger

swagger New Member

Storyline and Online are amazing. But I also love how it's a sandbox game and you can do some crazy things that you couldn't do in most other games. It's fun to screw around on.

16. slim47

slim47 New Member

What keeps me entertained is the almost complete freedom that one can have while playing this game. The missions are awesome but how cool is it that you could spend your time doing everything but the missions for an hour and still be entertained? The amount you can do in this game is mind blowing!

17. unitedfandoc

unitedfandoc New Member

Discovering new things after you've completed the main storyline is what keeps me entertained. The side activities like hunting, golf and the strangers/freaks addition really kept me playing GTA V long after the main story had finished.

18. The_Real_Slim_JD

The_Real_Slim_JD New Member

Being able to play online with my brother who lives in another state is a big one for me. We used to play GTA 3 and Vice City together when we were kids and now we can still play together from 150+ miles away. Usually we just go into an online session together and screw around by taking a vehicle off a big jump or something like that.

19. gats

gats Member

I think the best part is releasing our aninalistic desires through a video game. Blowing up random people with a helicopter is the most satisfying thing to do in GTA 5, lol.

20. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 New Member

I like that the GTA games are basically just a sandbox. The missions are just a nice bonus but I mainly just like exploring looking for crazy jumps and stuff like that.