What is your favorite weapon to use in-game?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by idlecuriosities, Mar 14, 2014.

1. idlecuriosities

idlecuriosities New Member

What weapon do you like to use in-game? Whether it be for story missions, online, or just having fun exploring the awesome scenery in Los Santos. My favorite weapon is the assault shotgun. It's a really cool weapon that works great as long as you are a reasonable distance from the enemy.

2. gadgetised

gadgetised New Member

I love getting on top of buildings and using the sniper to hit police. The rocket launcher is pretty cool.

3. daimashin

daimashin New Member

I just use a regular pistol as my preferred weapon in the game. I feel that the handgun has the best accuracy and control. I like aiming for headshots so the handgun is the best. For mass destruction, it's always a rocket launcher!

4. Scott Rooney

Scott Rooney New Member

I use the Assault Shotgun most of the time when playing online, also the Micro SMG, they're just the guns I bought first and that are quite powerful. I don't really bother with guns on GTAO, I only ever go into Ammunation to refill on all my ammo, never anything else. I didn't even buy the Tommy Gun.

5. cpvr

cpvr New Member

A regular pistol or a shotgun usually does the trick for me.

6. idlecuriosities

I think this is really interesting as i feel like most players subscribe to the "bigger the gun" philosophy, myself included. There's just something really satisfying about firing off an assault rifle or shotgun. I respect your decision, though. It makes a lot of sense to use the pistol if you really care about efficiency.

7. daimashin

daimashin New Member

Yeah, for some reason I never like using other gun classes for any type of game. Unless there are hundreds of enemies coming at me at once, I'll always stick to using handguns.

8. idlecuriosities

How do you feel about sniper rifles in games then. Improved accuracy (if you're at a distance) and it allows for a slightly more stealthy playthrough. I like using sniper rifles in FPS like Halo, very useful on the harder difficulties.

9. Ha777yya

Ha777yya New Member

I really like Sniper Rifles if I'm shooting from a distance (or preoccupied with something going on around me!) Otherwise its got to be the regular handgun, great accuracy and perfect for racking up the headshots! :p

10. daimashin

daimashin New Member

I'm not that good with sniper rifles. I'm horrible at aiming down with a scope and sniper rifles are too slow for me. I'm best at mid range when it comes to using guns.

11. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

The silenced pistol is the best when I'm playing with Michael. I love using the shotgun with Franklin, and, of course, the baseball bat with Trevor.

12. rjustin

rjustin New Member

If the Rhino tank is considered a weapon, then the Rhino is definitely my favourite. Nothing gets better than wreaking havoc in Los Santos with 5 stars and there's nothing that the police can do about it. (Well you'll eventually get killed by the police but after a very satisfying time destroying things.)

In terms of actual weapons, I love the rocket launcher. I mean it's the next best thing that emulates a tank the most. And it's the best at blowing shit up.

13. Ha777yya

Ha777yya New Member

Couldn't have put it better myself! If this counts then definitely !

14. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Short gun, sniper or baseball bat :D.

15. Djolanderr

Djolanderr New Member

Micro SMG and Assault shotgun for playing deathmatches in GTA:Online,

rocket launcher for killing cops while being wanted...boom!

16. rjustin

rjustin New Member

That's interesting that you mentioned the baseball bat. Now that I think about it, it is very fun beating people up with baseball bats. There's a game online where the two teams going against each other can only use there fists or hand weapons like the baton and baseball bat and it was very fun. The broken beer bottle is also very fun as well.

17. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

True that. Melee weapons are more fun because it is up close and personal. There is no fun in killing with a sniper gun, while hiding on a rooftop. Well err.., there is some fun in that too :D.

18. daimashin

daimashin New Member

Lol, that's overkill. Actually I consider the Rhino tank as a form of weapon. I remember getting in a tank in GTA3 and I was practically invincible. Running over cars is a ton of fun.

19. rjustin

rjustin New Member

The other thing about melee weapons is that there's actually some skill to it. You can't just hold the shoot button like you do with a gun. For melee weapons it's all about timing and dodging. So while there's more skill to melee weapons, it can also be very frustrating against other players that use melee weapons well because you'd just never be able to kill them.

20. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

Yes indeed. I wonder whether GTA has swords. Is there any? I am currently playing 4. Will gladly install any mods if it provides swords :D.