What is your favorite non racing game, where you have raced?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by edthebig, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This game just seems full of surprises. At every turn there is something to be amused by.

2. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Aside from GTA, Saints Row and Just Cause, I have also raced against my friends on surf maps in Team Fortress 2. It's really fun, and it isn't racing as you would think it would be. You just need to play as the scout and go to town.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

Oh, shoot. Just Cause is an incredible series that you can race in!

4. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Just like everybody else, I'd say GTA. I've even played GTA just for the racing and driving aspect of the game. Pretty funny how it's not intended for that purpose, but I play it like it's a racing game anyways.

5. troutski

troutski Active Member

How is GTA not intended for racing when there's an entire mode dedicated to racing? :p

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

GTA V Or Saints Row 4 definitely. They both have really good racing features (kind of comparable to racing games, really).

7. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Subway Surfers is a non-racing game, because you need to complete challenges there, but I have raced in that game many times, because the policemen keeps an eye on you and whenever he see's you bumping in any train or any other item he tries to catch you. :D

8. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Have you heard of the game 'Prototype'? In that game, you can actually drive the tanks on the roads with the help of cheat codes. Actually, I had to compete with the tanks of the cops in that game. In a mission, you have to defeat the tanks of the cops and reach at a place with your tank before the cops reach there. I always love to drive the tanks in that game and It is my favourite non-racing game where I have raced.

9. spence88

spence88 Member

Good question. I think it would be Azeroth Grand Prix. It's a WarCraft III Frozen Throne Custom Map. We played this and the tower defense map a lot when me and my friends get tired of playing DotA. Yeah, that map is very good and gave me good laughs. I actually still have replays of our game saved in my WarCraft replays.

10. Potausen

Potausen Member

I think that would be GTA V. The handling is quite unrealistic, but it fits the game nicely and the checkpoint system makes every new race a challenge. I also love the diversity of vehicles and the customization, making the game more personal and helping everyone make the vehicle of their dreams.

11. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

If you guys haven't played Watch Dogs yet then you should. You can get some really good racing action in the game. It's an open world game, need I say more?

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Which racing in Sonic Adventure 2 do you mean? The characters racing to the goal against each other? The Chao racing in the Chao Garden? The go kart racing in multiplayer? There actually was a lot that could be done in SA2:B, so you have to be specific.

13. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

It's GTA for me as well. It's amazing how most of the people have answeredit as GTA.
    One of the main advantages I see in the game is the option to change your cars or bikes as you see fit and you can cause an unlimited amount of havoc and destruction. It's just fun that way.

14. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

True Crimes Streets of LA would be a good one, but only because the world is so big! It would take about 20 minutes to drive from one side of LA to the other, crazy!

15. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

GTA is just a great game overall, so I would have to say that's my number one. Any game where there is the racing element and having to complete objectives is a fun game for me. I always love the different tasks you have to complete while racing.

16. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I hated the camera dynamics of GTA San Andreas. The camera wouldn't turn with the car for some reason. It was always a hassle to have the camera view looking at the side of the car. The driving dynamics were fine though, but the camera view was just awful.

17. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

I mean that game is alright but it is really repetitive and that is what I don't like about the game at all, they must implement a lot of stuff to make it more enjoyable to a wider public that's what I think though.

18. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

My favorite non racing game is Mario Kart 64. I have played many games but I have never seen what I have seen in Mario Kart 64. The game is really amazing. The rainbow stage was really remarkable. The stage looks very magical and pretty. In fact, I feel like playing Mario 64 as of right now.

19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'm also a bit baffled by the amount of people saying GTA because whole it's not primarily a racing game, racing does take up.most of the action, and especially when your playing online against the rest of the world.

The racing lobbies on there are some of the most active servers in the world, so while GTA wasn't intended to be a racing game, I think we can safely say that it is now.