What is your favorite non racing game, where you have raced?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by edthebig, Sep 27, 2014.

1. edthebig

edthebig Member

I guess mine would have to be GTA or Saints Row. How about you?

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

GTA would get my vote as well. At first I thought I would really dislike it because it's not that easy and I'm kind of a noob, but surprisingly the difficulty level is always just right for even someone like me to be able to figure it out eventually after multiple tries.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, that would have to be GTA. More specifically, GTA5. The racing is so much fun, and the graphics are wonderful. It's fast paced and the driving handles very well.

4. Solar

Solar Member

Well, I would have to say GTA5. Franklin's ridiculous turning ability makes it really easy and fun to pull off some crazy stunts and it looks great!

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Yeah, it's impressive, really. Wonder if he learned that while on the car repo job. Anyway, yeah, the racing in GTA5 is just so much fun. I love it.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

My daughter like the racing games in the Sonic series. You know, like Sonic All-Stars Racing or the Sonic Riders series. She grew up with Sonic, and I guess that's just something she'll never grow out of. It's no problem, though. I like the games too.

7. edthebig

edthebig Member

I am a PC gamer so I guess I have to wait for that. Cant wait to try it out. Is it really that different from the previous GTAs?

8. Solar

Solar Member

The racing in GTAV is mostly unique in single-player due to Franklin's ability to slow down time and enhance handling for a period of time.

9. jurew2

jurew2 Member

My would probably be GTA V, because in this game I enjoyed the racing the most - if you don't count the racing games that are in the racing genre. You can compete against other players and that makes it even more great; I played it against my friends and we all had a lot of fun playing against each other. This is one of the aspects of the game that never gets boring, in my opinion.

10. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Sonic Adventure Battle 2 for the Gamecube. I realize it's not standard vehicle racing game like we're used to, but it's just so much fun to play with friends. I loved playing the racing stages with my brother for hours at a time, they weren't many, but it was really fun.
    I also liked raising Chao in that game, and seeing them not even being able to swim and run at first and then dominate the Chao races as you leveled them up was awesome.

11. RamZor

RamZor Member

For me its probably GTA. GTA is a great game and the racing missions\racing in town in the game are pretty fun.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, excellent choices. The mulitplayer races on that game are just so much fun. Sonic and Shadow were the two I'd mainly play as. Funny thing is, those are my daughter's favorite characters as well.

13. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Yeah, Sonic and Shadow are pretty cool, I like Shadow a little bit more though. If you ever have a chance of playing again you should use Amy if you want to annoy the other person. She's broken in the fact that you can use her special power almost non-stop, it's hilarious just strolling around and winning because of that.

14. troutski

troutski Active Member

I would have to go with a number of the Grand Theft Auto games, like a lot of other people here. The racing mechanics in the games are simple, but they're quite fun, and nothing beats a GTA Race with weapons and explosives.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Oh, God. Amy in Sonic Adventure 2 is not only unfair, but annoying. If I hear "Just wait a minute!" one more time, I'm going to hit her with her own mallet. Also, sometimes her time special lasts a bit too long. How is the time being frozen for 20 to 30 seconds, as opposed to 10 seconds, fair?

16. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Since GTA is the only game that I have played that actually had races even though it's not a racing game I'd have to go with that. I think the races in GTA are generally really fun to do but it really does not come close to real racing games in my opinion.

17. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Not the most original answer apparently but my vote is on GTA as well...there's plenty of other things to do, obviously, but the racing is a fun component of it.

18. TheViper

TheViper Member

The obvious for me would have to be GTA. It was crazy to me how the mechanics just worked so well. Though, Rockstar has been known to realize high quality games. If they made a racing game then it would probably be insane!

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Well, they are trying to work on making the racing better. I can tell from the way the racing was in GTA5. I really think they're making it better. Still, racing is just a side thing and it won' compare to a real racing game. That's the point, though. It's not mainly a racing game.

20. Determined2014

Determined2014 New Member

I would second you on that one GTA it is just so slow for me, I just can never enjoy that game, sometimes you feel like running faster but it is all controlled.