What is the point of the extensive sewer/undeground train systems?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by primalclaws1974, Aug 20, 2015.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

I have gone into these tunnels and seems like I can run for hours. I don't find much, besides an occasional rat, or more rarely, some workers. I train comes along occasionally, but not often. It is mostly empty space where most vehicles can't fit. Is it used for the story mode?

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The tunnels are used a couple of times in the story mode as escape routes from various missions and in online play, I tend to use them for the same thing aswell.

Granted there isn't much going on down there, but it's a handy way to get from A to B without getting in to, or causing to much trouble.

3. Susime

Susime Active Member

I think they are used during the Jewellery store heist in single-player mode where you and your team escape on bikes and enter the river system.

Apart from that their only use is to probably evade the cops, and to fuel some tin-hit conspiracy theory's about some mad deranged axeman living among the tunnels who feeds on the flesh on anyone who goes exploring after a certain time.

4. learntoshootsmoke

learntoshootsmoke New Member

Yeah, I only remember them being used in the jewel heist, but they may have been planning to use it for more than that and just didn't implement it. That's just me speculating though.

It would be interesting to know if there is anything actually down there.

5. Qoelet

Qoelet New Member

Getting away from the police, mainly, and taking a short cut from one side of the city to the other.

They can be quite fun in online if you're on a heist and need to get away, or have someone on your tail and you need to make a quick (and long) getaway.

6. spectre456

spectre456 Member

It's there to do a great heist escape. Other than that you can hide out online if you have a bounty and confuse the bejeezus out of people.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While the tunnel system might only be used every now and again for evading the cops or if you've got a bounty on your head, they are a good and useful addition to the game I think.

Seeing as they're there now we might not miss them, but if Rockstar took them away I bet that we would.

8. JusApee

JusApee New Member

I've only used the sewer for the jewel heist, never actually got there again. They're useful if you want to escape the police easily.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The thing is though, if GTA is aiming at being realistic, then it's got to have a tunnel network under the roads hasn't it?

There's got to be something there even if its only used by us every now and again.

10. Like what everyone else said, it's the most useful for hiding from the cops. It is also more realistic, as I imagine LA has a pretty extensive subway system (I've never been to LA, so I'm not really sure).

11. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Well, they are the main shortcuts between cities and as everyone said, you can use them for evading the cops. The network is less busy and you may easily evade the cops very easily. I have used them many times (mainly for evading the cops).

12. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I think they were there to be like a realistic looking game and have some use in some missions otherwise, they are not much use in the game and can be nice to see how well made these things are in the game which can be a good thing. It can be a nice thing which looks real and you can enjoy how the developers went with the game and this is amazing and hope we see more of these sort of things. I like how the game looks realistic and you can move around and feel like you are the character which can make you seem like you are in the game which can be a nice thing.