What got you into GTA?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by FuZyOn, May 29, 2015.

1. Error

Error New Member

I got into playing GTA by chance when I was round a friends house at 10 years old and we started playing a copy of VIce City his older brother had brought recently for his Xbox and just the sheer carnage and mayhem you could cause in the game is what got me hooked.

I'd never played a game like it up til that point, I had only been on like Rayman, Spyro and Pokemon mostly - the most violent game I had played was Time Crisis and GTA was just on some next level shit compared to that,

I used to think I was some proper badass for playing GTA lol as no one else in class was allowed to play it because of the amount of bad press it was getting in the media at the time and everyone's parents though it was basically the devil incarnate.

2. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92 Member

At the time, everyone was raving about GTA and I wanted to apart of the hype. My brothers always enjoyed playing GTA together and I asked them one day could I borrow a GTA game for my Xbox. I played the game and fell in love.

3. Marcster

Marcster New Member

What made me first buy this game, or should I say beg my dad to buy this game, is because of the chaos,mayhem, and destruction I saw behind the disc case! My first game GTA game I played was GTA SA,but my brother owned it. When I saw Vice City Stories in Universal Studios' Gamestop, I begged my dad to get it! He even asked a kid if it was suitable to play for my age, and he was about nine years old or so haha. When my dad bought it, I was so happy. I couldn't get home to start up my PSP, and play it. When I got home and started playing, I already knew this game would bring my most memorable moments of gaming!

To this day, I buy GTA for the same reasons :
    The chaos
    The destruction
    The mayhem
    And the design of the case in the back!

4. Toast

Toast New Member

Well, the first time I played GTA I was actually way young. I think I've actually played every Grand Theft Auto (excluding on the psp) games since they game out. I know I've played 1 and 2. I played vice city, and San Andreas. But that didn't really affect why I played the newer ones. The newer ones are just good looking games, with pretty fun experiences. It's basically one of the only general crime simulators out there. One of the other ones out there is Saint's Row, and that's a more cartoony and over the top version. That can be good too, but if you want a realistic and fun "Crime" experience, without actually committing any crimes, not much comes close to Grand Theft Auto.

5. Westwood

Westwood New Member

Back in my school days I used to spend evenings with a friend who had a copy of the original GTA, and playing it was a blast! Never got around to the story side of it, and instead just spent time messing around and simply having fun.

Good old times!

6. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

I guess I would have to say a bit of exposure to it as well as it mature rating and game cover. Soon enough, I got to playing San Andreas.

7. overcast

overcast Member

I think the hype from the friends. And the amount of the friends getting regularly into the gaming. That seems to be something many people need to check out. As all of us see some demo or preview online or through friend. And then start working around those games.

8. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I feel like it all happened so fast, both with word of mouth and also having the technology come up so quick. Looking back though I am not sure I would trade that for much else.

9. Athanas

Athanas Member

Comparing with other games, I think it is pretty better and entertaining.

10. Athanas

Athanas Member

There are also other versions I too liked by playing them at a friend's house.

11. saniamirzatennis

saniamirzatennis New Member

I agree with ericnail as there are no limits to do anything. We can go anywhere and we can do anything that we want.This was the thing that player never found it anywhere else.

12. demitri

demitri Member

I like the game because there is everything to do in the game. there are no limits to go anywhere or do anything. This game seems realistic due to its storyline.

13. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Member

When I was in elementary, GTA became really famous in our school. A lot of my friend, especially boys, always play that game, and they say because it's cool. So I tried it and then, boom! I'm into it, but not as frequent as then anymore.

14. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

I have been playing the GTA franchise since it was on the original PlayStation - I cannot remember how I ever got into GTA(congratulations for reminding me how old I am.). I remember playing Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas for many hours throughout my high school days. I spent up to 3 hours playing during the weekdays and on weekends, closer to 20 hours - GTA was like an addiction that I never wanted to be cured of.

15. fishbate

fishbate Member

I've been playing GTA since San Andreas and i enjoyed it the first time i tried it. A friend introduced me to the game because its always the topic when i see him.

16. razer

razer Member

It's very simple. My friend had GTA Vice City, I got to play the game at his house and I got hooked. Up until that time I had never even heard of GTA series. But to be fair, that was the time the series got really popular.

17. NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja Member

I saw a friend once playing it, so I asked what the game was. I sat down to watch for 2 hours, and I decided to buy one for myself. That was the first time I saw a sandbox game where you can roam around and interact with the elements inside the game. Pretty fun.

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

First, I heard lots of comments from my friends about how GTA was a great game. But I thought they were exaggerating.

So when I started to play for myself and see / feel the madness and adrenaline rushing through the veins... I never stopped, haha! :D

19. Annejk

Annejk New Member

Because all my friends are playing it that's why I have to play it too, to be on trend. Ha ha. Anyways, GTA is super exciting game. I'm really hooked to it.

20. overcast

overcast Member

For me hype always catches up. And it can be pretty fun to play the game in such context.