What game is the opposite of Just Cause 2?

Discussion in 'Just Cause' started by troutski, Sep 7, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Active Member

If Just Cause 2 is the Saints Row IV to GTA V, then what is the opposite of Just Cause 2? Tell us what game you think is the polar opposite of JC2 with all of its whacky gadgets and explosions and unrealistic mayhem. I honestly don't have an answer that I'm 100% behind.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

The Witcher 3 maybe? The game is focused on swords, armor, craftmanship. They don't use any of those gadgets and it's pretty realistic, unlike Just Cause where there are explosions everyday.

troutski likes this.
  3. Susime

Susime Active Member

Maybe Mafia 2? That had an open world setting but the game was SERIOUSLY limited in what you could do.

I mean you could only explore if you were on your way to a mission and that was about it. Aside from the missions and shooting at people between the missions, that was all you could do.

troutski likes this.
  4. troutski

troutski Active Member

Apparently I don't play enough serious-toned open world games. I guess that makes sense, considering I've played tons of GTA, Saints Row, and a little Just Cause (mostly 2). I'd say, maybe Watch Dogs, but none of the hacking in that game was believable. Press X to literally do everything. :p

5. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I would say maybe a game like driver or wheelman. To me I thought that those games were good but the only thing that I did not like about them was that there was not much that you could do in those games. To me that is what really killed the potential of those games or they could have been great.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'm thinking watch dogs as well or probably something similar to it. I think most games of that type are somewhat similar to this game but these days all genres are mixing up a lot so it's hard to tell.

troutski likes this.
  7. Susime

Susime Active Member

I wanted to like Watch Dogs but what I saw was just too out there for my tastes. The only thing I sot of liked was the ability to see info about every NPC you came across mainly for the amusing results.

troutski likes this.
  8. troutski

troutski Active Member

If you have time, watch this. It's the only thing that makes Watch_Dogs interesting to me (aside from the goofy character descriptions).

9. troutski

troutski Active Member

If you don't have time to watch, basically, Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed have a shared universe with some pretty convincing "proof".

P.S. I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories in real life, only games. :p

10. Susime

Susime Active Member

Are there any conspiracies regarding the JC universe?

Is there rumours of a big foot lurking around the forests ala SA, or maybe a monster similar to Nessie in and around the oceans?

I love a good conspiracy :)

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Ooh, never really considered the possibility. Had a quick look at the video, some of the proof is pretty convincing although I'm sure Ubisoft would've hinted more at this idea in their games.

12. troutski

troutski Active Member

I do like when MattPat, the YouTuber for that channel, mentions that a giant mashup a la Avengers (1, not AoU :p) would blow everyone's mind.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It would certainly blow my mind, I mean.. man, I can't even comprehend the awesomeness. If a game with this premise would be developed Ubisoft would be drowning in cash, I would certainly pre-order the crap out of it.