What elements would your perfect racing game have?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by thepieeatingjay, Nov 6, 2014.

1. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

Think about this one for a second. If you had the ability to make a racing game, what would you put into it. Which elements would you have in your game to make it special. Take your time with this one fellas. With all the arcade and sim racers out there, many ideas can come to mind.

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Plenty of customization, and truly open world racing. You can take whatever shortcuts or routes to get from A to B faster than your opponents.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I'd combine Burnout and Most Wanted which are two of my favorite series/ franchises. I don't even like playing racing games anymore unless there's a feature of being able to bump your competitors and I think the old Most Wanted game's mechanic of being able to ram through cop cars was pretty great and revolutionary so I'd pick those elements.

4. shreklock

shreklock Member

I feel the same way. Being able to tune your own car and maybe add some perks, so it would perfectly fit your style.

5. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Given all the people who spend millions on tuning up their cars in real life, I honestly think that a game with extremely detailed and realistic attention towards customization could garner a huge following and make loads of money.

6. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

Customization is a must for me, and I am a fan of some open world options. I like games that get just a little bit into fantasy in terms of crashes and such, I don't always want 100% realistic gameplay. Of course I don't want it too cartoony, either.

7. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

The physics needs to be spot on or at least decent. I hate playing a racing game and it feels too generic or linear. Yes I do drive, and do a lot of off roading. Flying hills and drifting is part of the driving experience.

8. BRyze

BRyze Member

I love open world racing games. I'd need that aspect. However customization is the most important for me. I also like the idea of multiple race types. I'd like a closed track as much as a street racer or even drifting. The game has to give me a little bit of everything to be the perfect game.

9. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

Rally Racing for the original XBOX was in my opinion what a perfect racing game should be. It is not graphicly up to par with games that are released now a days. But when it comes to physicls, realism, and fun factor, it was the best so far. I just wish they updated it for the newer systems.

10. shreklock

shreklock Member

Too realistic physics can ruin the game, but I'd like to have a game with good crashing physics and consequences. For example F1, if I lose a wing or something like that, the formula would become harder to control.

11. moaz13

moaz13 Member

Style. Not realism or physics but a stylish game with great themes, like Twisted Metal. With an original soundtrack to match and great scenery to make me immersed. The driving in Brutal Legend was great

12. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

If I was to make a perfect racing game for me, it would certainly have elements of Forza Horizon 2. I love the way that game looks, the way the cars handle in that game, and I love the fact you can engine swap all cars, e.g. putting a huge engine in a Ford Transit van, and drifting with it. It would have those elements from Forza Horizon 2, graphics, handling and the engine swapping. It would have a huge map, something like The Crew is doing, but not the United States, since that's already done, obviously, but Europe perhaps, or even the whole world. We're talking about a perfect game here, are we not? So, we can go really unrealistic on the expectations. I don't want the game to be like a racing simulator, I want the cars to be relatively-easy to drive at high speeds, and very controllable. Also, it would have a very generous car list. Many cars from many manufacturers, even the ones that aren't even made for racing.

13. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

For me it would be a weird mix of Gran Turismo/Forza/TDU/The Crew/Project CARS/Mario Kart/Need for Speed/rFactor yeah quite a mess!

14. jurew2

jurew2 Member

The perfect racing game should have not too realistic physics, because too realistic isn't as much fun as not so realistic. I would also like to have an open world with drifting, challenging other players to race you, bosses to beat, play like a cop or a racer and some more that I can't probably remember now, but I'll probably remember some new things 30 mins after I write this. If a perfect game like this exsisted, then it would be hard for me to leave my room and go out :p

15. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

I would love my game to have realism to it.

Except, not to the point where you're getting blinded by the sun and lose a race because of that. (That's directed at you Ridge Racer!) If I do have that in a game, I wish there was a way to add tinted windows or blinders to keep that from effecting the people. The weather would be another added aspect that I would love. Being able to upgrade your car, so you have better traction and grip, so you don't slide out of control when it rains on the track.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't like extreme realism for this reason and it's why I prefer more arcade type mechanics, but a little realism here and there is of course still very welcome.

17. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I'd have to go with customizations and graphics. The more customizations, the more you can play around with your vehicle! Also, graphics are pretty important too. It's what makes the atmosphere of the game feel great!

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Same here. I personally value stylistic types of games rather than realistic ones. I think some companies tend to focus too much on graphics and in the process they lose a bit of identity.

19. troutski

troutski Active Member

Can we finally get a racing game that does damage mechanics right?

20. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Customization too. I love customizing the cars. That is the big asset of the game, without it what's the point of the game.