What do you think would be the death of this franchise?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by Blacklist#25, Sep 26, 2014.

1. rachael

rachael New Member

Yes,
    I agree, theres still soo much they are yet to do as far as character development goes. If they give us an openly gay character, whether male or female, or if they give the player the option of choosng their sexuality, give the characters more appearance options like more hairstyles, clothing, tattoos, that would be great too.
    I do have my fingers crossed for a girl protagonist though, it would give the games that little bit more realism, since being a criminal isn't solely for boys.

2. pedanticGal

pedanticGal New Member

I think the downfall will be not able to improve the story wise of the game but it will not be anytime soon. GTA is still hot as of today and I like that they keep on improving in terms of graphics and materials.

3. Henry

Henry New Member

As soon as they start putting zombies and monsters in the game. That will surely take the realism out of it. I don't know about the rest of you, but if it turns into any sort of zombie game, I won't play it anymore.

4. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

I think seeing a girl character would be a greater help. It would make things better for some people since I do not know too many girls who play GTA.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Repetition maybe? I think if they continue on this path without including new things every sequel they are going to get a lot of flack for it.
    People will get bored of the same things over and over again. So far they're doing really good in terms of inovation.

6. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

When people lose interest. When it stops generating revenue. If it becomes a loss to the company. I could go on forever.

7. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

The franchise seems pretty good. Anything that they release seem to be pretty well done. If anything, they'll start to lose their franchise when people lose interest, which doesn't seem to be until a while.

8. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

I think the death of the series will be when fans lose interest in the game and stop buying it, which I don't see that happening any time soon.

9. pedroXsantos

pedroXsantos New Member

You're spot on about this! One of the best things about GTA is that, most of the times, it doesn't deviate much from reality itself. It would be quite a desperate move from Rockstar to start adding characters like zombies or vampires, or conducting storylines involving aliens, etc. Those additions are only acceptable when they are applied to hallucinations, like Michael's combat with extraterrestrials in the Grass Roots mini-mission, or maybe as Halloween specials, which would not be a bad idea.

Rockstar doesn't have to sell out, they just have to continue doing what they do right now.

10. niiro17

niiro17 Member

It's hard to tell actually. If GTA series are dying they will eventually do something new and I think it will not die because many people will still play the game.

11. SS42A

SS42A New Member

As long as GTA holds a significant fanbase, there will be people who will play the game for various reasons. Some people will play the game because of its characters, some for its gameplay, and some for its choice of music.

12. jamiew23

jamiew23 New Member

Hmmm I can't see it ever dying! Rockstar will just adjust the game to suit future trends, its too much of a great game to die now. There are so many fans and Rockstar I'm sure will just keep impressing us.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Obviously if people stop buying the game, then it won't be worthwhile rockstar continuing to release new versions, but at this moment, the GTA series is as popular as ever and I can't see it ever becoming an issue, not for the foreseeable future anyway.

14. biggabeard

biggabeard New Member

I would say if they release a series of games that no longer one-up the one before. Namely if it just becomes stale and the gameplay does not improve people will lose interest. The story also needs to be interesting and somewhat unique from the other games. As of now this does not seem to be an issue though.

15. Brittney Stevens

Brittney Stevens New Member

I believe that the death of the Grand Theft Auto franchise would occur from fans gradually losing interest in the games. If this were to happen, I believe that within a decade, Grand Theft Auto would be a gamer's nostalgic memory. I think the franchise would also decline if Rock star Games allow the missions to become wilder and more unrealistic, leading to the story-lines themselves becoming weaker and unstructured.

16. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

Failure to push the boundaries, complacency, and losing touch with the original games heart. The most recent game is good, but the what was once taboo is now par for the course. The characters represent more so gamer archetypes than actual American classes, and the torture scene and 1% bashing isn't controversial or thought provoking at all.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

GTA is a well established and popular franchise, and I don't even think that a poor game would stop people from buying it. GTA IV wasn't exactly a brilliant game remember but Rockstar still came back with GTA V and that's considered as one of the best games ever made.

18. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

It's hard to think of something that would result in the death of the GTA series considering Rockstar tend to always bring out great games that are always successful. However, I feel like if Rockstar brought out a monthly subscription service for Grand Theft Auto Online, that might kill the franchise although them doing this would be highly unlikely. Something like, them charging $10 per month to play GTA Online but you get unlimited money etc.

1 person likes this.
  19. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I agree and even though I've no doubt that some game developers will have thought about doing this already, Rockstar aren't that stupid I wouldn't of thought. They already have one of, if not THE biggest selling game franchises in the world, so I wouldn't have thought that they would risk losing that for the sake of charging people $10 a month.

20. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I would have to guess that it is something violence related and then something about a lawsuit. That said though, we might be past those days so I am not sure.